I'm new, trying to find a particular thread / article

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutxaq

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm jumping into my design phase and was looking for a thread / article I read here the other night that broke down the key differences between cargo vans. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi nutxaq and welcome, my search mojo stinks lol so can't help you with your request. Did GotSmarts links do the trick? Best of luck to ya.

nutxaq said:
No, but that's handy. I'll dig into it more. Someone broke down the differences between Dodge, Ford and Chevy along with some great info on the pitfalls and differences between models, years, engines, etc.
AH!  Bob did that in his van new van build videos.

GotSmart said:
AH!  Bob did that in his van new van build videos.

I guess I was looking for the transcription of this, but yes! Thanks!

nutxaq said:
I guess I was looking for the transcription of this, but yes! Thanks!

The videos are a definite trend, many more people watch the videos than take the time to read a blog post.

It's like a tipping point has occurred in human comprehension. 

You could also pose the question on the van section. As long as people stay civilized, it is a good idea for discussion. It's really all about your budget.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Below (first link) is how I did mine.  I can quickly remove everything to convert it back to a Cargo Van if I need to haul something...then just as quickly convert back to my "RV" of sorts. 

This is a dimension worth considering.  You may leave the bed in and remove everything else....such that if you find a job along the way where you would be paid to  transport a small load "pdq" you could always sleep in the Van and take care of your other needs elsewhere.  (like at any of the national chain Gyms you would have a membership to...and buy deli foods etc)

There is a method of thinking closely tied to minimalism & resourcefulness you'll soon be learning about.   I learned about them a long time ago and it has effected my Designing.  (to the tune of "less is more")

All the best and I hope you enjoy every minute of this !

Latest posts