I'm dancing! I'm dancing!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpruet

Reaction score
Ying and Yang are currently battling it out over my sick body.  Since Christmas Eve, I have had one of worst flu-colds that I have ever had.  I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep due to constant coughing since the 24th.   I feel like I'm on the mend and still hoping to make it to RTR.  Meanwhile I continue to dance.  

ARGGHH!!  (said in a basso profundo voice...)

Sorry to hear, get well fast.

Besides plenty of rest and sleep, eliminating sources of stress, Vit C, lots of water etc.

My grandma's potion:

buy a batch of quality honey (local organic with the comb and bee's knees is ideal

squeeze up a bag of fresh lemons or limes

Boil up water, warm up the juice, not boiling

water the juice down as little as you can stand it, knowing lots of honey coming, total at least 10oz

Make sure the mix is **very** hot, like you can't drink it without sipping/blowing

Add lots of honey last, mix well

Drink it fast as you can short of blistering your mouth, making sure back of your throat is scalded raw

Repeat 4-5 times in a day

______
From my most recent set of inlaws:

Super-spicy food made from fresh chillies

Spicy food works good... dad always gave us honey mixed in whiskey. Honey to coat the throat the whiskey to make us sleep.

I had a combination food poisoning/heavy lung congestion and man coughed like crazy. 12th-27th

Got that Dayquil/nyquil, lousy stuff. Then got the "Severe" Nyquil cold one. Worked wonders. didn't workout for 15 days, but back at it....

mpruet said:
Since Christmas Eve, I have had one of worst flu-colds that I have ever had.  I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep due to constant coughing since the 24th. 

Well ya know the dry desert air has been a traditional prescrption for respiratory ailments.  Just sayin'.   :D

At the first sign of any illness, I simply take 2-4000mg/hr of Vitamin C and in the same day it’s over.

This is where I learned to do this....I’ve stopped strep throat 5 times in the same day and I don’t catch flus or colds anymore.

free2enjoy said:
At the first sign of any illness, I simply take 2-4000mg/hr of Vitamin C and in the same day it’s over.  

This is where I learned to do this....I’ve stopped strep throat 5 times in the same day and I don’t catch flus or colds anymore.

I think that I caught it from my grandson.  He thinks it is funny to put his fingers into my mouth.  Hackidy, Hackidy, Hack!!!  I should try to stop him, but he is so cute at 1 year old.  So i keep on dancing...

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

Like a flu shot, but up to date with this year's current bugs. :cool: