I would love a...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Potter conversion for my RAV4 that upon arrival at my destination will transform into a 100-foor luxery RV with all the bells and whistles, LOL.

That’s funny!

I have a RAV4, and love it.

Had one years back, and loved that one, too.

I seriously contemplated a few years ago getting an SUV tent for mine, but dropped the idea after realizing that anything sniffing around my tent, be that man or beast of any size, would provoke a thru-the-tent confrontation by my dog.

That could end well, or not.

I still think about it, tho, and the options a tent would offer that my ClassB does not.

I have an SUV tent and move my cot into it when staying at a state park for several days to a week. I set up my Bass Pro Shop Deluxe Kitchen and folding camp table, throw down puzzle-piece interlocking foam and top it with an RV rug and enjoy having a little cabin for a change of pace.

If I am at a campground where I don't feel as secure or am only staying one or two night, I usually keep the cot in the RAV4 and sleep there, while using a small dome tent to stash kitchen gear, camping chair, etc.

Immersion Water Heaters.

I wanted one of these and I got two.
One 12 volt, one 110 .
The work quite fast, but don't leave them unattended.
I had one of these in the 80's,  that I had bought at a farmer's market, and lasted for many years.
They were made in Germany then. Let's see how the Chinese work. It's a pretty simple device, it may last a while.

12 volt.jpg  110 volt.jpg

Attachments

• 12 volt.jpg
    12 volt.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 110 volt.jpg
    110 volt.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
I carry one those, too, Sofi, tho only have the traditional and use an adapter if needed.

They do a very quick job of bringing a modestly sized cup of water too boiling.

Two things I learned:

1) Set the heater into your cup before plugging it in

2) If you like giant mugs of whatever beverage, these little guys don’t do well heating larger volumes of water

GypsyJan said:
...my Bass Pro Shop Deluxe Kitchen and folding camp table, throw down puzzle-piece interlocking foam and top it with an RV rug and enjoy having a little cabin for a change of pace....
I like having a tent if I expect to stay a few months. Here is a video on setting up a kitchen. Do you bring water in your tent or no?  -crofter

Can't play the video. Did youtube suddenly change something in regards watching videos, or is my browser just screwing up for some reason? The viewing portion of the screen is black and the go-button has disappeared. Duh.

you tube is having problems at the moment. it's not just you. the help and troubleshooting sections are down too. highdesertranger

X2 on the 12 volt immersion heaters.  My first one failed after about 10 years and many cups of comfort/joy.  Used it mainly in the Prius.  Haven't used the replacement much, but it's small and it's nice to know it's there.

A week ago while staying on the damp and chilly pacific coast  what ai would have loved is thermal pane windows to avoid the condensation on glass. Which I got despite having reflective window coverings for the windows.
But no problem with that now that I am in tbe deserrt aat Quartzsite. Now I just have dusty floors to deal with. Never an end to housekeeping chores, its always one thing or another. But at lrzst I have my generstor out now and can r u  my little shop vacuum once a day.

Qxxx said:
Can't play the video. Did youtube suddenly change something in regards watching videos, or is my browser just screwing up for some reason? The viewing portion of the screen is black and the go-button has disappeared. Duh.
If you have an ad-blocker (I do) the video shows black screen while the ad -time is running. Wait a few seconds and the video will run.
It is just the way YouTube penalizes us, for not tolerating their stupid ads.

Sofi - I love it. Best part is you removed the post and gained a cat hole.

a van with a small microgarden on the roof, with collapsing solar panels shaped like flowers themselves and a little convertable hood thatd go over the garden while we drove, but could go down again when we stopped

I would love to live in a safe community.

I don't think safe communities exist anymore, people prefer to dance with danger and court death. 

-crofter

I live in a community where in the last 15 years the only problems we have had are accidents involving guns! Lol!!! One murder 20 years ago involving a hit on someone that had large Las Vegas gambling debts and a few “dry drownings” that were ruled accidents. In the last 15 years a few bodies have turned up but they were mainly killed else where and dumped probably for a reason (like drugs or criminal activities) so unless you own or live close to someone that owns a gun you are safe here. Just the last few years has it become legal to have a gun in a National Park unless you were a law enforcement officer. I did Security for several years and only carried a radio and a flashlight as I didn’t want to have to explain what happen to my gun if I fell in the lake! I feel very safe here, besides who would be dumb enough to commit a crime at the end of a dead end road that takes an hour to drive out of and the first place you come to is the county sheriff’s place!

@sofi & bullfrog

I'm just getting tired of all the drama, truth be told I always survive whatever happens. Thanks for the kind thoughts.
-crofter