I would love a...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like seeing these dreams Also and watching you work them out. Work fascinates me I could sit and watch it all day.

It is a cute table but that is not what I want.

Qxxx said:
...But just for fun, I am putting some security cameras in the van, so I can see what goes bump in the night. The one in the passenger compartment has pan and tilt capability, addressable from a tablet. Because I can.
Sounds all very investigative and secret. I saw one build that was all set up for surveillance, and the guy said he never had the time or the need to look at his camera feed. Waste of space in a van.

But I agree, nothing more fun than snooping with cameras, maybe you will get a shot of bigfoot and make it all pay off.
-crofter

My dream is more of a checklist:
Big solar, a roof top deck, a side mounted ladder to access the roof deck, a swing out back porch, and a kayak. That is all.
-crofter

crofter said:
Waste of space in a van.
Very astute, crofter/Sue. But you're talking to an unrepentant nerd here who builds things for the fun of it, so no more need be said.

crofter said:
a roof top deck, a side mounted ladder to access the roof deck,
Now that sounds like a needless and expensive add on, lol.

I would be very leery about a side mount ladder. desert pin-stripping would love to get a crack at a side mount ladder. if I had one i would tear something up. highdesertranger

One of the accessories for my van I would really love is an emergency account. If I had 3 to 5000 tucked away I would feel so much better. I usually don’t like government handouts but if they’re going to give another Covid relief thing that’s gonna be my seed money for the emergency fund. I’ve always been better at spending and saving.

nature lover said:
One of the accessories for my van I would really love is an emergency account. If I had 3 to 5000 tucked away I would feel so much better. 

GoFundMe, SuperChat, Amazon Affiliation, and Patreon...it's what all the rich youtubers are doing!

Now all you need to get started is a youtube channel with thousands of subscribers....

:cool:

Tx2sturgis - but what I need to be successful at YouTube is Clickbait and you have never seen me in a bikini. And you never will. Thank God.

My warped sense of humor is making me envision a sick Genie granting everyone’s wishes, very entertaining. HDR I understand you can even damage a side flush mount door, a ladder on the side would just grant someone’s wish for a wider desert road! Lol!!!

nature lover said:
Tx2sturgis - but what I need to be successful at YouTube is Clickbait and you have never seen me in a bikini. And you never will.  Thank God.

Yeah the young gals on youtube can make long, dumb, 20 minute videos about nothing, or almost nothing, wearing skimpy attire, and get 25 thousand views in one day. 

Me? I make a really cool video 3 minutes long and takes 5 hours to edit and I get 250 hits in a year.

It ain't fair I say.

I need a magic compression sack that makes everything I want to have easy to store and easy to retrieve when I want it. It could be a smart home type of setup with instant delivery to the location I want it in.

But it is more realistic for me to change my life style and personality type rather than trying to acquire something that does not exist.

Sofisintown said:
you have never seen me in a bikini.

I have some reeeeeally old pictures.... Ya think?
Please post them, Sophia.

A high top van instead of a cargo fan, so I can stand up. So many more possibilities and a lot more room.