I would like some opinions This or a fullsize Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecat77

Reaction score
<p><strong>I have a chance to get this:</strong><strong><br>1995 Ford F350<br>Mileage: 197,072<br>Fuel: Gas<br>Capacity<br>Empty weight: 7,540 lbs<br>Gross vehicle weight: 11,000 lbs<br>Cubic capacity: 602 cu. ft.<br>Towing capacity: Up to 7,500 lbs<br>Features<br>Air Conditioning<br>AM and FM Radio<br>Power Steering<br>Power Brakes - Hydraulic, Front disc, Rear drum<br>Fibreglass reinforced plywood <br>Estimated mile/gal: 12 miles/gal<br>Fuel<br>Engine: 7.5 liter/460 CI V-8 gas<br>Differential & gear ratio: Nonlimited slip axle/4.56 gear ratio<br>Fuel tank capacity: 40 gal<br>Dimensions<br>Roofline measurement: 14'<br>Floor inside measurement: 10'9"<br>Inside width: 7'7"<br>Inside height: 7'1"<br>Outside width: 8'<br>Outside height: 11'<br>Tire size: 215/85 R16<br>Wheelbase: 161"<br>Rear door opening height: 5'8"<br>Rear door opening width: 6'6"<br>Loading ramp length: 10'<br>Loading ramp width: 2'2<br>Bumper to bumper length: 22'6"<br>Deck height: 36<br>This is a 14' U-Hual I can get for $5000 was wondering if it would be better or a full-size Van. I am wanting something that would be stealth in a city. Sorry I don't have a pic.<br></strong></p>

<FONT size=3>the mileage is sooooooo high and there's no telling how much of a beating the vehicle has taken.&nbsp; A lot of people do things to rentals that they wouldn't do to their own.</FONT><br><EM></EM>&nbsp;<br><EM>Edited so I could read</EM><br><br>"I have a chance to get this: <br>1995 Ford F350<br>Mileage: 197,072<br>Fuel: Gas<br>Capacity Empty weight: 7,540 lbs<br>Gross vehicle weight: 11,000 lbs<br>Cubic capacity: 602 cu. ft.<br>Towing capacity: Up to 7,500 lbs<br>Features" Air Conditioning, AM and FM Radio, Power Steering, Power Brakes - Hydraulic, Front disc, Rear drum, Fibreglass, reinforced plywood<br>Estimated mile/gal: 12 miles/gal Fuel<br>Engine: 7.5 liter/460 CI V-8 <br>Differential &amp; gear ratio: Nonlimited slip axle/4.56 gear ratio<br>Fuel tank capacity: 40 gal<br>Dimensions<br>Roofline measurement: 14'<br>Floor inside measurement: 10'9"Inside width: 7'7"<br>Inside height: 7'1"<br>Outside width: 8'<br>Outside height: 11'<br>Tire size: 215/85 R16<br>Wheelbase: 161"<br>Rear door opening height: 5'8"<br>Rear door opening width: 6'6"<br>Loading ramp length: 10'<br>Loading ramp width: 2'2<br>Bumper to bumper length: 22'6"<br>Deck height: 36<br>This is a 14' U-Hual. I can get for $5000 was wondering if it would be better or a full-size Van. I am wanting something that would be stealth in a city. Sorry I don't have a pic."<br><br><BR>&nbsp;<br>

Lot of miles, lot of engine, lot of price are my first reactions. <br>Never saw a 460 ci ford that got 12 mpg unless it were being towed or rolling down hill, especially with a 4.56 final drive.<br>IF there is evidence of (recent)&nbsp; overhauls to all the mechanical s, the price becomes bearable.<br><br>Best advice I have has been said many times on any forums involving vehicles - "Have a QUALIFIED mechanic evaluate it".<br><br>As for the size- only you can determine how much space you need.......personally, I dream of a diesel step van, but drive a small block half ton standard van with 95k, that I have less than $1200. after rust patching, brake lines, and 4 new tires.<br><br>JM$0.02 w<br><br>

Latest posts