I Want to Make it Myself - DIY Everything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking thru this thread I'd offer some sites for the DIY personalities.   There are many more that have video and podcast tutorials.   You're only limited by what you can imagine to do.  Pinterest is a good place to look for ideas too.  Replicating existing things you see is a decent way to produce things which have already been thought out and be somewhat refined so that you'll know it works and can save a few steps.  

doityourself.com

makezine.com

instructables.com

ehow.com

hackaday.com

technabob.com

diynetwork.com

How awesome! I haven't read through the whole thread yet but I remember back in the 70's-80's, I was fascinated by the Foxfire book series. There was so much in them that I wanted to learn how to do. And I was recently reading up on how to make your own laundry "pods" which would be great for nomads who don't want to lug a box or bottle of laundry detergent to laundromats.

mothercoder said:
 "... recently reading up on how to make your own laundry "pods ..."
I used to make about 5 gallons of liquid laundry detergent for about 4 bucks.  It would last a family of four for months!  If you're amenable, I'd love to see the "recipe" for making the pods posted here!  :)