I think I am ready to go

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMasters

Reaction score
If you check my introduction in the Newcomer's Corner, you will be aware of that I most likely will be living in my small class c RV starting July 1, 2021.

Obviously the 'ship' has to be ready. I think I got that covered.

My RV (second owner) has been maintained extremely well, every spring and fall it goes to Ford to have the chassis checked, and a RV maintenance facility to have the 'house' checked (especially roof inspection/resealing if needed). No issues whatsoever.

So I think I am ready to go. Whatever might break on the road I would have fixed whenever possible. Can't think of anything that could stop working and cause issues to me.

I camped well without heat or A/C before, and was always able to maintain hygiene nor matter what.

I have roadside assistance, a usable spare tire, and with cell phone service, I should be able to call for help if needed.

Am I missing something?

The best way to find out if you are missing anything is to take the vehicle on trial runs. Camp in your driveway, then in nearby campgrounds, then a mini-road trip. Keep a journal for each outing. Note what you wished you had and also what you never used. If at a campground, check out what others are using. Keep a list of gear you might want to purchase in the future (tell family which of these items to get for your birthday, Christmas, etc.). Keep watching videos and searching the net for ideas. Tweak your set up, then tweak it some more. You'll be glad you did all this before hitting the road full time.

It took me a few outings to figure what I needed and didn't need, when I was figuring out how much solar I needed I camped out the front yard a couple of nights. I think I'm ready for a nice long trip now.

Don't have to worry about this all, have been camping all my life in all forms.

I could pack right now and keep going, and be good for months.

The only thing I need to address is that the house battery is not being charge when driving, what a disappointing setup. Of course I can use the generator to recharge it, but would prefer to avoid it.

There might be a switch to connect the house battery to the charge circuit. My class A has one. It is used to disconnect the house battery from the starter battery while camped so I can't accidently draw down the starter battery when the house battery gets low.