I need help to get out of it all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamerRV428

Reaction score
I want out. Entire forum posts and my personal email I signed up with and everything gone from this site. All deleted and gone.
SO who has to do this? Clear me off this forum and delete into oblivion cause I have 0 draw to post here again.

SO WHO can help me please :)

I dont think theres a forum in existence that will allow members to delete all of their posts. you posted in a publicly accessible forum, they are not your private property when you post them.

Totally not clear on why you think any relatively small amount of info you supplied to a forum is highly secret, or a new owner would do anything hugely different with that small amount of info than a previous one did. I believe you agreed to whatever terms the original forum had when you joined, and its probably the same terms for the new owners and is likely covered by basic ownership continuation agreements.

Why is this an issue to you on this forum? Do you not participate in any other forums or social media? I participate in quite a number of forums, and my spam email is about 1 or 2 per week on average. What other issues could happen from the forum having whatever name you provided and your email address?

I get ya on your post but you are useless on guessing on what I posted, but I get you in that my rights as I want down will probably never be realized thru what I want gone from this forum so?? stop the guessing, a real admin. and total delete of my life on this forum would be stellar, but hey, probaby won't happen

OMG, The cult of Bob Wells is falling apart. Where can I get my red tennis shoes and beany copter hat made with real tin foil? I'm late for the return of the Hale–Bopp Comet. 2,276 post's and now you are violated? This is becoming thematic. I can't help thinking, wrongly I hope, that a sense of ownership has somehow been violated. It's one thing to come here and get needed advice but it's also strange to think that this community serves a primary purpose of serving as a soapbox. Then there was the possibility that someone is mad because they wanted to buy this forum and was never asked. LOL

I get ya on your post but you are useless on guessing on what I posted, but I get you in that my rights as I want down will probably never be realized thru what I want gone from this forum so?? stop the guessing, a real admin. and total delete of my life on this forum would be stellar, but hey, probaby won't happen

Im not trying to be obtuse, I truly dont understand what possible difference there is for whatever you posted in the past on a publicly accessible forum was a month or two ago and today. Same posts, same publicly accessible forum,....how is it any different than it was a couple months ago? What would ownership of the forum have anything to do with those same posts still being on the same forum? Genuinely curious. What am I missing?

One word. Microsoft.

Could you please explain what microsoft has to do with our posts on a forum and its ownership change? The posts are still the same ones someone made months/years ago. How does microsoft have any bearing on if those posts somehow became toxic to the original poster once a forum changed hands?

I want out. Entire forum posts and my personal email I signed up with and everything gone from this site. All deleted and gone.
SO who has to do this? Clear me off this forum and delete into oblivion cause I have 0 draw to post here again.

SO WHO can help me please :)

Hi @RoamerRV428 You do understand that if you were erased from the forum, you will not be gone, there are places such as archieve.org that has screen shots over the years that have your information.

Can I ask what concerns you have that causes you want to leave and disappear from the forum you were happy with last week?

Another aspect, even if the original poster deleted their post, any quotes of it will still stay. Which is a good reason to use a quote if someone is acting goofy and may delete their post once made. Its very hard to later follow a discussion when some of the posts are missing. Ive had it happen on a motorcycle forum, and had no idea why they deleted their posts, but it made for very confusing reading later.

I think anyone should have a right to delete all their posts without explaining why, whether that makes a post hard to read or not. Very few old threads are resurrected and when they are, are usually irrelevant. Maybe all posts should have a time lapse self destruct after so many years. these forums have never been regulated maybe posters should have rights of ownership of their stuff to do with as they see fit. Surely in this day and age all cont3nt from a certain poster can be deleted including quotes.

I think anyone should have a right to delete all their posts without explaining why, whether that makes a post hard to read or not. Very few old threads are resurrected and when they are, are usually irrelevant. Maybe all posts should have a time lapse self destruct after so many years. these forums have never been regulated maybe posters should have rights of ownership of their stuff to do with as they see fit. Surely in this day and age all cont3nt from a certain poster can be deleted including quotes.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept. forums are privately owned. Users agree to terms of use.

https://vanlivingforum.com/help/terms/
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."...

..."If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms...."

Anyone is free to open their own forum and create their own terms of use agreement, but this is pretty standard format for privately owned forums, and I see no big issue with it.

I'm sorry you are having issues with this.
1. The posts will not be deleted.
2. I can get rid of your email, and
3. Set your privacy so nothing shows of what is left of the account.

rvwandering is traveling a few hours, and asked me to help you with this. And I have sent you a Private Message (conversation) on the steps I can take for you.

Last edited:
I have always known my posts here will (hopefully) exist for dozens or maybe even hundreds of years.

I take great comfort in that. My words and thoughts will survive long after I am pushing up daisies! What a concept! (kinda like all the old books in the libraries...our words can live almost forever...or you know...until the server goes down with no backup...darn it!)

Could you please explain what microsoft has to do with our posts on a forum and its ownership change? The posts are still the same ones someone made months/years ago. How does microsoft have any bearing on if those posts somehow became toxic to the original poster once a forum changed hands?

Regarding previous posts, if the site been scraped previously (totally normal and non malicious internt behavior for data conservation), at any point in time, it's all available on The Wayback Machine.
Thats the thing about the interwebs, once it's out there it's out there forever somewhere in the interwebs attic.

I understand people getting upset. The average person is a little weird and people living an alternative lifestyle are usually a little weirder than most. Many go straight to conspiracy theories, Big Business, etc, so hopefully Bob and the new owners expected some push back because I would have.

What's funny to me is the high sense of importance and lack of understanding these posts show. We're people who live in vehicles. Really, none of us have any importance, except maybe to the DEA and that's your own business. The new owners are hoping we click on an ad at the bottom of the screen and buy a sweater or something and that's it. If someone doesn't want to click, they don't click. If they want to leave the forum, they leave. But this "I must leave with dramatic flair" and "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality is such a reflection of today's society. It's like they 100% know if they just deleted their profile no one would notice, or care, so they must post in a dramatic fashion in a desperate attempt to be seen and validated in some way that shows they matter.

The forums were never part of a non-profit, which is what someone is claiming. The forums were here a decade before HOWA was ever conceived. It was meant to be a place where people could talk and get help. It's still a place where people can talk and get help. If someone no longer wants to talk and get help, then of course they're free to not sign back in but they gave us the ball and we're keeping it.

Take care.

How does microsoft have any bearing on if those posts somehow became toxic to the original poster once a forum changed hands?
They have nothing to do with it. I was just adding gas to the fire. People for decades blamed Microsoft for just about everything after they ripped off the GUI from Apple, who by the way ripped it off from Xerox in the first place. Just checking to see if any ancient bones still rattle among any conspiracy theorists. This is all kind of boring and comical to me. This is better and more stable software. Anyone crash yet? Any server error issues or too much traffic slamming the bandwidth? It works great and human beings are watching over it. That's three human beings with antennas and spotted dots under their hair that started out on Mars. LOL

If anyone is truly interested in what I have said in the past they are welcome to read it. But I doubt they are going to go take the time to find it in the archives. It is not as if I had any truly original thoughts about how to manage how I set up my toilet, fridge, find new campsites, fix broken stuff or even care how I cook my food. No one was getting wealthy owning my contributions or is in the future going get wealthy selling my tiny fraction of a less than 2 cents worth of opinions. It wont even buy them a used pair of socks in a free pile at the RTR. They only make money when someone clicks on a link that takes them out of the forum. That was as true for Bob Wells as it is for the new owners.

Last edited:
You can edit your account email and whatnot. But to delete all your posts does cause a disruption in the flow of threads and discussions. Its why some forums prevent editing of threads after a specific time frame.

Generally anything posted becomes the forums property.