I just bought a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan GT

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraK1959

Reaction score
Last Saturday I got a call asking if I'd like to come out and check out a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan GT, so I drove down to Columbus,Georgia to give her a look over big mistake I feel in love with her she has everything except a tv so I was looking at some patterns to see which would work better in my van and decided on the bed behind the passenger with shelves and a port a potty with a chuck wagon style kitchen.

Last Saturday I got a call asking if I'd like to come out and check out a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan GT, so I drove down to Columbus,Georgia to give her a look over big mistake I feel in love with her she has everything except a tv so I was looking at some patterns to see which would work better in my van and decided on the bed behind the passenger with shelves and a port a potty with a chuck wagon style kitchen.

Dodge Caravans make good VanDwellings if you choose not to go all out and want to keep it economical.
I have a 2006 that is good for travel and has everything I need in it for living out of it......and a 1999 Grand Caravan that I love and I'm building that one out custom for RV Dwelling.

Have fun and post pics.

Similar to my experience. I recently purchased a 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am waiting on deliveries so I can complete my floor plan 🤣 taking out the seats were easier than I thought it would be. This weekend I am putting in a plywood floor to level it out a bit, and plus really those hook things on the floor ( seat anchors) are a pain. Crawling around I thought I dislocated my knee cap, talk about a ouchie moment. But that is about all of the “building” I am going to do. The rest I just have to figure out the location of the bed, fridge and portable toilet. After years of camping I know I don’t need much except what I listed. Sleep, eating (fridge) and late night potty patrol. The rest is luxury if I can fit it in. But it’s been fun searching through Amazon. And I have been binge watching minivan builds, truly there is only so much room available. So many of the videos I have watched are very similar.

I am excited because I always looked at the tear drop tiny campers. I am looking at the minivan with that in mind. Bed (shelter) and kitchen in the back.
If anyone has pictures of their minivan builds I would love to see them!
TexasTripper

Similar to my experience. I recently purchased a 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am waiting on deliveries so I can complete my floor plan 🤣 taking out the seats were easier than I thought it would be. This weekend I am putting in a plywood floor to level it out a bit, and plus really those hook things on the floor ( seat anchors) are a pain. Crawling around I thought I dislocated my knee cap, talk about a ouchie moment. But that is about all of the “building” I am going to do. The rest I just have to figure out the location of the bed, fridge and portable toilet. After years of camping I know I don’t need much except what I listed. Sleep, eating (fridge) and late night potty patrol. The rest is luxury if I can fit it in. But it’s been fun searching through Amazon. And I have been binge watching minivan builds, truly there is only so much room available. So many of the videos I have watched are very similar.

I am excited because I always looked at the tear drop tiny campers. I am looking at the minivan with that in mind. Bed (shelter) and kitchen in the back.
If anyone has pictures of their minivan builds I would love to see them!
TexasTripper
Enjoy the build. I think you will like not towing something behind you. It is really nice having everything inside the van when traveling and camping.

WHEN I first started out back in 2009..I drove a 198 DODGE CARAVAN... hooked her up and drove her for several years .. leme tell ya she was great... still in a dodge now... just a bit bigger