I heard sirens last night...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWShortyFord

Reaction score
then I saw this on the news today.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/motorhome-burns-after-explosions-near-ballard/nkHgZ/

This occurred in one of the more nefarious areas in town, about 3/4 of a mile from where I usually park. I have parked by this power station a couple times in the past few years and have always been confronted by the neighborhood folks and the camper folks. Most of the camper people are law abiding and decent but things like this happen and add fuel to the fire against camper folk. Pun intended. Feel sorry for these folks but I always wonder if people are on drugs when they stay up all night. I don't even recognize the camper suggesting it is new to town.

Oh no! That's awful. So sad watching their reaction too! And I wonder if that kitty was theirs?
Really disgusting how many "meth lab" comments there are. People are so judgmental. Shame.

Luckily nobody died...burns are no fun but they live to fight another day. Really makes me think about the candle I currently have burning.

it's a real bummer, I feel sorry for the people who lost their home. I don't like candles my wife lights them every once in while but they scare me, she thinks I am silly. I almost burnt a house down once, I had it on shelf about 18 inches away from the ceiling was outside at a bonfire with a friend,luckily I came back inside for a sweater the flame had set the ceiling on fire it had extended I guess with the heat build up, the flame had stretched to the ceiling, I had to rip a section of the ceiling off and throw it outside, I was very lucky a few more minutes and that place would have been toast, burnt toast :huh:

This is why I intend to have a fire extinguisher easily accessible

You should be glad if your not one of those that "stay up all night". I'd have to take some serious drugs to be able to sleep through the night. And from what I understand, I still wouldn't get to sleep the night through. It's not anywhere near as common for people to be "druggies" as most people think. It is more common for people to have health problems that make a "normal" way of life impossible.

Terry said:
You should be glad if your not one of those that "stay up all night". I'd have to take some serious drugs to be able to sleep through the night. And from what I understand, I still wouldn't get to sleep the night through. It's not anywhere near as common for people to be "druggies" as most people think. It is more common for people to have health problems that make a "normal" way of life impossible.

Very well said. My father had health issues that lead to insomnia, depression, loss of weight and erratic behavior...anyone who saw some of that would have assumed falsely that he was on drugs. He did eventually use medical cannabis which is a drug and finally he could sleep, eat and hold onto weight and depression eased.

Here in Seattle I see a lot of drug use, so who knows. It could really be anything. One thing I do know for sure is that either way, someone lost their home and are lucky to be alive. Even if they were high, I still think they should be dry.