I have been gifted a Zombie RV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelda

Reaction score

I have been gifted a Zombie RV

We had just gotten home from a trip to the coast for a YouTuber Get together last night, and settled in for TV and was watching 'Alone' when the doorbell rang at 9:30.  My first thought was home invasion(!) because there can be no good reason for a doorbell ring at 9:30 pm.
Neighbor said "There's something weird going on out here in front of your house."  My first thought was  that van dwelling friends were  stopping by as they often do.
 Nope.
Neighbor observed a ratty pickup truck with 4 men coming around the corner with an RV in tow.  They came around the corner, stopped and two jump out of the RV, remove the chain used for the tow, and jumped into the back of the pickup and tore down the street with no lights on.
The smell hits you 20 feet away.  Also the leaking propane smell adds to the odor of who knows what.  It is nasty.
 Oh, and there is NO engine in it.  Just an empty hole, along with two extremely flat tires.  Police Officer said don't even go near it when he glanced inside.  It is like a Hoarders episode but it's more like "Hoarders on Wheels".   He said it was one of the worse he had ever seen.
I am speechless and that is hard for me.

Nelda

Attachments

• close up st view.jpg
    close up st view.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 34
  • front street view.jpg
    front street view.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 38
  • flat tires, no engine.jpg
    flat tires, no engine.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 32
Dang. I hope there's not a body under all the trash. In most cities there are metal recyclers that pay about $100 per ton for salvage but many states require a title for any scrapped vehicle. That's probably the scenario. Lets' hope the city doesn't wait too long to have it hauled off.

Wow... You could put it up on blocks and use it for a chicken coop maybe?

Well...the price is right. 
ne_nau.gif

Oh, Nelda that's hilarious! It's what you get when you invite strange vandwellers to stay on your street. :-D
Don't forget to fill us in on the rest of the story.

(on a side note - Suanne and we are going to boondock near Dubois Idaho for the eclipse. She's there now. We'll get there today. Come join us! No smoke)

Yikes Nelda!  Who knew that your open invitation for a visit would lead to this!  Now, don't let that discourage you from having me come visit again.  I promise I won't smell that bad and will leave nothing behind.   ;)

Seriously, tho', come and join us in Idaho if you can.

Don'tcha just love gifts you didn't ask for or want? :dodgy:

Karen,
That's the entire story!!!
If I knew a few days ago, we'd join you but we're staying home. Traffic is already crazy. I'm not even going to the grocery store!

That could only happen to you and Jerry! I swear!

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it badly.

what the heck. you said the police were there and they just left it? highdesertranger

Someone once said that it's better to be lucky than rich or goodlooking. I don't think they had anything like that in mind...

Alas, all is well. It has been hauled off.
What I find interesting is the police officer called 5 different tow companies and 4 flat out refused the call.  It took the tow guy over an hour to figure out how to haul it away.  The tires were so flat he couldn't hook on and the engine compartment was empty.  But it's gone.
Karen,  I promise not to call the cops if you stop by.  Maybe.

Attachments

• hauled away.jpeg
    hauled away.jpeg
    916.4 KB · Views: 15