I have a van!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a great project. here is something to think about.&nbsp;In my small Toyota van I decided to make all the components in modules, so I could take them out and use the van for other purposes like work or hauling stuff. Since then I have&nbsp;been thinking that it was&nbsp;good idea in that I could either sell all&nbsp;the interior&nbsp;to someone who owns&nbsp;the same&nbsp;model if I were to&nbsp;upgrade&nbsp;or if this van gave up the ghost it would take me all of 20 minutes to shift it to similar vehicle. What I did is I made the bed unit as a piece, with storage under it,&nbsp;a cupboard and shelf unit, and a kitchen cupboard\stove\sink\ storage unit. and the floor which which a section of it&nbsp;lifts up and works as a double bed&nbsp;sitting between one cupboard and the single bed\couch. My kitchen table is firstly a cupboard door secondly a bench that sits in the same place where the&nbsp;floor lifts into a&nbsp;double bed and a computer&nbsp;desk in one spot or a dinner table in another.&nbsp;I only have a couple of screws&nbsp;holding the interior in otherwise it all slips in like a puzzle. All the&nbsp;modules are made from 1/4 inch veneer, with 3/4 framing glued and&nbsp;stapled or screwed. The top of the&nbsp;bed, the floor and top of counters&nbsp;I used 5/8" of&nbsp;the same veneer. All finished&nbsp;with a varathane.&nbsp;Each&nbsp;module is very light. I can easily lift them myself even with some stuff in them.&nbsp;If I was in a hurry I could take it all out in less then 5 minutes. Just some food for thought.&nbsp;&nbsp;Good luck with your project.<br><br>edit I just added a photo for you in my albums for some reason it has a line in it, if you click on my user name then profile then albums then townace, it is an old photo and i have added some stuff since but you&nbsp;will get the idea. I will try to take some recent pictures of it in a more finished state for you in the next day or so.

good looking van have at it you got a good base to start from.&nbsp; highdesertranger

OK, been a while since I posted here. I have done alot of work on my van and now am in the final stages. I have removed the heads and had them inspected at a machine shop. I suspected a problem since I bought it in Florida, as I would have to add coolant every once and awhile, no biggy. I have replaced the cooling system when I bought it because the history is she over heated. New radiator, water pump and thermostat got her road worthy, but the very slight miss and the coolant loss caused me to look into major repairs later. As I expected, both heads are cracked and the order is in for re-manufactured heads. I am so pumped to be heading to the 2015 RTR in my nearly reconditioned Chevy Van!! See you there!
20141106_111201.jpg20141106_110010.jpg

Attachments

• 20141106_111201.jpg
    20141106_111201.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20141106_110010.jpg
    20141106_110010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Have you scheduled your departure??? It's not getting any warmer!!!

Cyndi, plans are to leave this NYS freezer box on Dec 26. By the way, if anyone is heading to the RTR at that time, I would love to CARAVAN with you!