I hate to pay for but if she will do it...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimindenver

Reaction score
Got ya. heheheheh :p 

Today I went and signed on the storage unit until I return here for medical help next summer. That gives me some breathing room.

Once that was done I stopped by the local dealer for some Dicor, Butyl tape, hoses for the propane regulator, etc. It's a mom and pop shop and the nice lady always remembers me.

As the son was rounding things up I asked just for chits and giggles how much resealing the roof would cost. He said lets see, 25 ft, two vents, etc, etc. $100 to clean, treat, scrape the old sealant and replace, not just a layer of Dicor. Okay, deal.

While you are up there, I said. I don't want the roof A/C, I'd rather have a vent. Would you be willing to trade the A/C for R&R plus the vent? He grabbed a FF fan and said I'll put one of these in and we are even.    Deal

Last thing I said is I can't pull the tires and wheels to repack my bearings, how much? $100 per axle to take them down, check brakes, etc. Clean it all up, new seals, repack bearings.   Deal.

So for $300 I'm getting the roof resealed better than I would have, the axles gone through and the A/C replaced by a FF fan.

It was a good day and I don't have to worry about falling off the roof or lifting so much I take my back out all together.

Sweet! Sometimes, especially when we're dealing with health issues, it's just freaking easier to throw some money at the problem. Nice option to have.

Who is this guy? I think I could fly him here and still save some money...

Those deals sound like you found a winner place to shop !!!!!!
Post the name and location so tribe near or passing through can get a heapin' helpin'!

Queen, with a 10 pound forever limit it's my only option anymore.

Brad, don't fly "him" down, it's the negotiator you want. ;)

Great idea Cyndi, will do. :)

Other than spread the word for the services and such that I like, the best way I reward good service is with return business. When a hail storm took out our vent lids, I called around as we taped them up. Most lots said they were out or theirs were called for. This dealer with a lot full of just as busted up trailers as ours said come on down. We bought the upgraded vent lids and a pair of MaxAir covers looked good too. Today I drove past three larger lots much closer where i could have picked up my supplies, They didn't have any vent lids. :)

Considering it will be down there and the wheels and such will be off anyways, it sure would be nice to have some extra clearance don't you think? They don't call them the Rockies for nothing. ;)

sweet deal Jim, wonder how much weight that AC unit knocks off?

I stopped in to the shop and added flipping the axles while the wheels are off. It won't go in for two weeks unless someone cancels.

Thanks Bob. It's actually even better than that.

My glasses were damaged this year after waiting forever to get them. They were stupid expensive and it bummed me so much that it took months to even check into having them repaired. When my eye was injured last month I asked that shop how much in a cheaper version and after a bit of Q&A informed me to take them back to where I bought them. One of the expensive parts were the scratch resistant lenses and they are warrantied for a year. I dropped them off today, came home and passed out.

I've found that adding "scratch resistant coating" does about nothing to actually prevent scratches, but is always worth getting because it give you a free set of replacement lenses within the warranty period...and that pays off well since I use Transition lenses which aren't cheap. So I always wait till the year is just about up and go get my "free" lenses...

well good news if the glasses are under warranty
i keep refusing to admit to myself it's probably time for glasses, luckily I'm far sighted so it's only my reading that's affected

Safety and enjoying life is easily worth $300....