I got a great deal on a Fantastic fan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcor

Reaction score
Bought this on Ebay for $52 shipped. No controls on unit but it has a phone jack.
Bought a wall controller seperately for $19. Turns out the fan has all the goodies. Looks like someone upgraded it. Looks like there is an infra red sensor on the wall plate to be able to use a remote also.
Anyone seen this model?

Next to figure out how to install in my hightop conversion van. My van build is progressing slowly.
New carpet, built bed frame with storage. Will have some pictures posted soon.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Another picture.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
....okay but wtf is with the phone cord....

That's so I can make free phone calls. Not!

The phone cord connects the fan to the wall mounted controller.
Looks to have an remote sensor on the wall controller for also using a handheld remote.

I put a new fantastic fan in place of the a/c unit in the camper and although it has a speed selector switch, cranking it open will turn it on. Food for thought...hook it to 12v, crank it open a couple inches and see if it turns on. You may be able to use w/o a remote.

The model and serial numbers on my fantasic fan are on the motor. See if the web site has a manual. They sent a replacement lid for my 15 year old one for shipping & handleing.

I tested it on 12v. Works fine all functions.