I finally made it.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countryboy

Reaction score
Yesterday about noon I rolled into Douglas AZ. I drove thru the historic area, and I immediately fell in love with the place. So many memories of living in Mexico.

With a few glitches I found my property. I bought it sight unseen, but when you are expecting raw desert land, you get what you are expecting.

Anyway my land is awesome. At least by my standards. It is a mile from a major road. It is almost perfectly flat, with 400 feet of easy road frontage. It's been grazed pretty clean, that makes it easier for me to maintain.  I found the corner markers that the seller put in, I have 400'x550' deep, with a tremendous view of Leslie valley, just a few miles behind me.

I spent the day relaxing in a pair of shorts, and me and my old dog took several walks around my new habitat.

Life is good.

Thats great!
Nice to be home for the holidays.

Are you going to eventually build a lil home or use more as a private place to boondock?

Nice! I'll be following your experiences at your new place.

I'm in Cochise Co. also and renting a place but would like to find a small acreage in the area.

It’s Douglass, Arizona. He’s most likely to just gonna dry up and blow away! Lol!!! Welcome to Arizona!

Congratulations, good for you. I’ve often thought about a little piece of land as many of we nomads do. Just to have a homebase. Of course with the zoning regulations in many places you can’t just build anything the way you like it these days. But I fantasized about a small garage sort of like a two car garage where the van can be pulled in. And the other side of that garage would be sort of A very simple ”living area” and maybe have a bathroom there with shower. Or at least an out house nearby. still living out of a van sleeping in the van but inside out of the weather. step out the side doors of the van and you’re in a room bigger than the van but not too big or too fancy For cold weather the living room part can even have a wood stove. It would just be your “home base”and when you feel like moving on for a while and doing something else put up the garage door and pull the van out wave goodbye with a promise to be back sometime. It’s just a fantasy and probably will never happen but then again the way I’m living now was a fantasy and it happened.

How about a couple (or more) pics of this vast empire, and that awesome view, for those of us who are still stuck here in this winter storm that's hitting ohio now.