I can't take it anymore!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badmotorscooter

Reaction score
This will probably get me banned, but I still believe in free speech and I'm gonna say it!

This whole Covid19 thing is a bunch of hogwash!

No, I don't have any conspiracy theories to talk about, no I don't have any clue what is really happening.

I do know that based on what we are told by "official authorities" things just don't add up (doubtful we are hearing the truth anyway).

Call me a crackpot if you want, but I'm not buying this.

Maybe this will stimulate some conversation on what people are really thinking.   Yeah, this topic is probably considered inflammatory,
but we are all adults and this is an opportunity to voice your opinion.  I see no reason to only stick to what we are told are facts and the official reports and news, this is more about what some of you out there believe.

No need to get ugly or mean about it, perhaps the moderators will allow this thread to continue and keep it under control (unlikely).

This hogwash is a new virus, one we’ve never seen before. It’s lots more contagious and deadly than the flu, there is no vaccine, drug treatment, or cure. It also spreads exponentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Fauci, the foremost authority on infectious diseases stated on March 26th that Covid19 was more akin to a severe influenza with a 0.1% fatality rate. Then 4 days later he said to extend the lock down through April? How does that work? One of many, many contradictions by our government and experts. No links, the videos and statements are out there if you want to read them.

BMS, you might at least say what you think is "not adding up". However, from my own browsing, I do have to say that, the "projections" coming from people like Dr Fauci don't seem to match the "trends" indicated on multiple websites.

Edit: thanks for your clarification while i was posting. We seem to be agreement in regards what Fauci has been saying. Duh.

This SARS-2 is a real pandemic, with death by drowning and heart failure. Modern medicine has many sophisticated tools to help people survive this, just not enough of the tools for everyone. People sense this and hence the panic behaviors. 

The radical thing that US did during the Spanish Flu in 1918 was to legally require the wearing of masks by everyone leaving their house. Also locally banned gatherings. Do this. As an official was quoted in 1918, "better to be ridiculous than dead." Anything you can do to not catch this.

I also think many were exposed early on and not diagnosed. If we knew who has the immunity (through testing), that would help. Some people got really sick in December. Was it this coming ashore?

I got the paperwork out of the way last night. If/ when I am fighting to breathe, I don't want to worry about paperwork. Links for online resources are on a current thread about donations.

In a way this situation is a test of love. If you love, you will keep yourself and others healthy and not take risks. Take your vitamins and get your sleep BMS, you may yet have to fight this disease. 

My heart weeps for people living closely in slums, with no wheels. Early on Bob encouraged dwellers to disperse and go deep. Good advice along with , " Be prepared."   -crofter

badmotorscooter said:
This will probably get me banned, but I still believe in free speech and I'm gonna say it!

This whole Covid19 thing is a bunch of hogwash!

No, I don't have any conspiracy theories to talk about, no I don't have any clue what is really happening.

I do know that based on what we are told by "official authorities" things just don't add up (doubtful we are hearing the truth anyway).

Call me a crackpot if you want, but I'm not buying this.

Maybe this will stimulate some conversation on what people are really thinking.   Yeah, this topic is probably considered inflammatory,
but we are all adults and this is an opportunity to voice your opinion.  I see no reason to only stick to what we are told are facts and the official reports and news, this is more about what some of you out there believe.

No need to get ugly or mean about it, perhaps the moderators will allow this thread to continue and keep it under control (unlikely).

There's nothing fake about the graphs of the deaths, nor about the medical equipment shortages.

But - you do you. Just not in my vicinity, thank you very much.

crofter- you are right to be concerned for those in the ghettos but consider this; a real situation also. I have a cousin who is 30ish and lives in a fashionable high rise in Boston. If he has to leave for any reason, Doctor, pharmacy, food, work, exercise or anything it requires a 40 floor elevator ride. with??? He and his yuppie friends are used to eating 90% of their meals out, have very little food in their apartments,, and most don't know how to cook, they never had to before.

You may be right, this is not happening and we are being detained for no reason, the bastards. I never touched the bodies in those bags they show us everyday on the news, likely filled with newspaper, the nerve of them, by next week likely be over two thousand or three thousand a day in the US if there is any truth to the numbers they are giving us,,,,bullshit. I don’t think you are alone in thinking this is hogwash I think around 47% of Americans think along that path, I guess until i have a tube stuck down my throat hopefully connected to a ventilator I too am with you on this one all a big hoax misinformation to further their agenda..

nature lover said:
I have a cousin who is 30ish and lives in a fashionable high rise in Boston.  If he has to leave for any reason, Doctor, pharmacy, food, work, exercise or anything it requires a 40 floor elevator ride. with???

Multiply this a thousand times in NYC with most people unmasked for the past month and that is exactly why there have been over 3000 deaths there.

BMS:  You don't believe your own eyes?  Do you think the videos of overworked ER docs and nurses and the bodies piling up is 'hogwash'?   It would take a lot to fake all that. I really can't understand what you are basing your skepticism on. As far as the 'official word' goes, it has changed a lot because it's moving so fast. Our modern culture has us flying and driving all over the world and that's what has spread this thing. Add in all the people that have ignored the warnings to isolate or cover up (spring breakers) and some states not ordering shelter-in-place, so you now have this disaster.

It most definitely is not Hogwash.

I'm a healthcare worker, and the thought of going in for my shift makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

our healthcare systems are overwhelmed

there's a major PPE shortage and not enough people to replace workers who contract the virus.

some people need ventilators to help them breathe because the virus is trying to destroy their lungs

quarantine sucks no doubt, but this is a very real situation!!

I think the authorities had no clue what this was or what to do about it, and as a result, they may have initially released some "hogwash" to reassure the public, and that just keeps changing as they try to get a handle on the deteriorating situation. The large number of dead people seems to "add up" daily and indicates to me this thing is not an imaginary problem.. and hopefully the site will not remove your post and the responses.........

Watch Sweden and Brazil.  They are not crippling their economies.  Between them they have high and low density populations, affluence and poverty, and cold and warm weather.  Without participating we can watch their experiments.

trailer-t said:
I think the authorities had no clue what this was or what to do about it, ....

Total disagreement with this comment. The entire world already knew back in January when Wuhan instituted their lockdown. NY Times article, etc. Note the comment about the guy camping in a "tent" in Quartzsite. He certainly had a clue ... a guy camping in a tent.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=39733&pid=488860#pid488860
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=39733&pid=489203#pid489203

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/world/asia/coronavirus-quarantines-history.html

Qxxx I agree with your post-- and my language was loose. They obviously did know about the Chinese virus.. We had all heard about this by like late January. But the authorities didn't seem to make critical issue out of it initially. I will still say the advise from the authorities continues to change-- like masks in public as an example.

I live where three states come together.  Our local TV station gives air time to the Governors of each state for a daily "fireside chat" to inform us about the status of this epidemic.  

More often than not it is a thinly veiled campaign rally to tell the viewers how great they are, what a fine job they are doing,
and a bunch of schmoozing and side stepping.  I now find myself tuning to NHK (Japan), DW (Germany), PBS, and BBC (UK) to get my news about this epidemic.  Local TV news just seems to be churning this event for advertising dollars with loads of drama to keep the viewers tuned in so they will see all of those advertisements that they air.  And in times like these businesses cannot afford....not to advertise.

badmotorscooter said:
Anthony Fauci, the foremost authority on infectious diseases stated on March 26th that Covid19 was more akin to a severe influenza with a 0.1% fatality rate.  Then 4 days later he said to extend the lock down through April?  How does that work?  One of many, many contradictions by our government and experts.  No links, the videos and statements are out there if you want to read them.
Fauci has been a "de facto" public health spokesperson for the office of the President during the pandemic

Golly Gee Wizz...when you have bully holding a great big dead blow hammer over you head you just do as you are told and then stand there and keep on getting egg on your face instead of saying what you really think while hoping with all your might that eventually the hammer holder might come to his senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.