Howdy!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olddude48

Reaction score
Retired and New to the forum. Looks very interesting and informative. I've been considering a build to escape the Florida heat so I'm sure I will pick up many good tips. Hope you all enjoy your day wherever you may be.

Welcome olddude to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hello, and welcome!

I'm hoping to be able to escape the FL summers too, my home state of Illinois is hot, but Florida is a special kind of hot.  :p

Welcome aboard olddude!
You'll get lots of help here.
Lots of info already posted in the archives .
Ask anything and you WILL get answers.

The ironic part being that so many van dwellers come TO Florida in the winter, for the heat.

;)

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Sounds like you'd be cut out to be a Snowbird. :p   But instead of driving an RV south in the winter,  you'd be running a rig north in the summer.  But why now?    It's just a question of what kind of rig would suit your needs.
You may be able to get by with just a simple ol' Cargo Van with an awning on the side of it.  Find some higher elevations in the Appalachians and enjoy a change of surroundings. 

I'd invite you to view my websites below and see a converted Van/Cargo Trailer set up.  I have the Van already just need to find the Cargo Trailer.    The other site is a portal of handy information for planning a journey or to use while on one to make the trip more comfortable and less stressful. 

All the best.

Welcome Olddude (I resemble that) :) Great to have you here.

Welcome! I lived in FL for 16 years, hated it at the end. I really missed the change of seasons. Have no plans to go back. I will go southwest for the winters. Everything you ever could ask is here I think. I have asked questions and then found out if I just looked it was already answered before.

I may have to defend my adopted state a bit.... ;) (Although I grew up[ in Pennsylvania, I lived in Florida for almost 20 years.)

Yes, Florida is inhabited mostly by morons (which is why we call it "Flori-duh"). Yes, it is hot and rains a lot. Yes, the schools suck, the governor is a crook who should be in jail, and it's the "militia kook" capitol of the US. But in terms of natural surroundings, Florida is a wonderful and amazing place. We have the only subtropical areas in the continental US, the only continental tropical coral reefs, hundreds of species found in no other state, and of course the Everglades, which is a unique ecological system found nowhere else.

Sadly, though, you better hurry to see it--we are doing our best to pave it all over with tourist traps and shopping malls........

Howdy back at ya olddude48, Welcome here from there. This is a good place to get ideas of what you may want for an escape pod.