How To fix chipping paint

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had someone tell me how to repaint my van by myself but I can not get back to that old thread since I lost my password and couldn't get back to that post .Any ideas on maybe the sandpaper to start out with,I don't know how well I can do with rattle can spray paint but I'm ready to try anything to make this van look better..I wish I could find that post because this nice fella gave me instructions on do it your self paint job, can't remember his name on the forum ,dang it!

I tried to put a couple pictures up with my post but I'm not seeing them.I took 2 pictures so I could show the worst part of the van,the hood and the back doors..Where did those pictures go,?

You can use the Roll and Tip paint method with some of the cans of Rustoleum paints. I used the roll and tip method with marine paints on my fiberglass trailer renovation. I did try spray painting it with rattle cans and also spray painting it with a friend pro quality paint sprayer. But both of the spraying methods produced poor looking results. It was much easier to do and a better looking paint job with the roll and tip method.

But do realize that you need a partner working with you, one person rolling, the other tipping off the freshly rolled on paint with a brush. There are lots of youtube videos showing how to get good results with this method. The best part, it cost less than the rattle cans, you get better coverage. You also don't need any expensive equipment including a cartridge style respirator.

Latest posts