How much for this?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonsun

Reaction score
My hopefully, maybe new motorhome. 80k miles, 1990 ford E350 Tioga. $3,500

newish tires, new cabin battery, everything works. No leaks. camped in it a few times last year with the owner. Has a nice honda generator that needs a carb cleaning.

17857441_1329957477089489_857711521_n.jpg

Let's start with, how much is he asking?

:)  That looks really nice and big.  A person could live well in that.  I'm barred from a rig that big.  I'd fill it so full the tires would pop of the rims!  I'm a stuffaholic. 
 What's that white stuff on the ground? :-/

Jewellann

Txjaybird said:
:)  That looks really nice and big.  A person could live well in that.  I'm barred from a rig that big.  I'd fill it so full the tires would pop of the rims!  I'm a stuffaholic. 
 What's that white stuff on the ground? :-/

Jewellann

That White Stuff is called Snow. 
It is Gods way of rewarding those of us who have chosen to live where bugs are only seasonal, reptiles are small and dont eat you and one can enjoy a prolonged time period Where one doesn't sweat profusely when any type of minor physical activity is undertaken. 
It is a dry yet strangely refreshing powder like substance. 
Granted, it does at times fall from the sky in immense quantities but those times dictate that one build a cozy fire and snuggle under a blanket enjoying the peace it brings to mankind. 
Some choose to strap sticks to their feet and slide around on it. 
Sadly some wage a war against it and get their panties all tied in a knot over its presence. This type of action often produces shorter life spans and a poor quality of life. 

:shy:
Dave

1 picture from 50 feet doesn't show a whole lot however the key statement you gave was: [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] "camped in it a few times last year with the owner."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'd have to presume that you: [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]a - know a bit about vehicles and thus could have told if it was a POS or something decent from being in it a few times[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]b - would have heard the owner talking about it before he was thinking of selling - "this motorhome is..."[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]c - would know about all the systems and maintenance. If it has the power (351 or 460) to pull itself and that trailer without overheating or burning up the tranny, it may sure be a good deal for $3500.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Only you can tell.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Now if it was on a dealer's lot, with no previous experience or records, I'd be leery for that price.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'd say (like Ronald Reagan did): "trust but verify" and go for it.[/font]

Believe me, I would have considered it before I left when I was looking.

Ill take it. You have snow, so we cant be THAT far away. :)

bardo said:
Sounds like you already know it's condition, and if you like it, that sounds like a real reasonable price.

Looks like you might have to walk more than a foot from the couch to the stove - sounds like a lot of work.

Seriously it looks awesome.

in the age of the internet those things are sorta outdated in our world. you can easily look up going prices now. And RV's are seasonally priced while also being pretty old with low miles.