How modern a vehical do we drive.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)  1991 Ford Ranger XLT EXT. CAB 4x4 v6  4.0, added rear overload springs. Paid $3,500 cash 12/04

Over 220,000 now. It has hauled/towed anything I put on it.  Myself & all my worldly goods from TX to SD to KY to AL in either a homemade P.U. bed trailer or a 5x8 Uhaul.  I've spent most of 2 yrs on repairs to engine, as the rest of truck had been rebuilt during the previous 10ys.

Now down to front crankshaft engine seal, tranny cooler, 2 6ply atv tires on the rear and a frnt, end alignment.  Maybe roof rack and bed topper.  Need to knock off some roof rust and patch rear wheel wells. Solar somewhere not sure where.  Truck or Aliner??

Then Ranger, Aliner,  Queenie and I are going to "Runn Oft"....At least that's our plan     :D :D :D :D :D

Jewellan and Killer aka Queenie

A 2007 Chevy, 4.8L V8, 202,000 miles. No problems so far. Just drove it 270 miles today, through the heat of the Mojave Desert, at 70+ MPH. It just purred along.

2005 Ford E-150 with the larger engine. I've converted it to a dog show van with an awning, onan generator, and roof air. I also put in heavy duty shocks and E rated tires which improved the ride and control tremendously. Other than that, just maintenance. It has 74,400 miles.
I also have a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder that I purchased new and it has 256,000 miles. It has long ago been paid for and while I want a cool new car, it just continues to run smoothly so I cannot justify the expense of a new vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99 Suzuki Grand Vitara. bought new. built a 4x8 trailer for it and they have been together ever since. 124,000 miles and still has the original clutch.

Attachments

• 106_0159.JPG
    106_0159.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I prefer old school, since I can work on them.

Present "fleet': 68 GTO, 80 Grand Prix, 85 & 88 S10s.

Give me a 1/2-9/16 combo wrench, hammer, file and a roll of duct tape and I can keep them rolling.

Ain't it true. I could fix almost any emergency road call engine problem with pliers, screw driver, hammer, and jumper cables. Adjustable wrench sometimes.

2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT.  It's got a wimpy little 4-cylinder engine, but the payoff is the 27 +/- mpg I get on the highway.