How many people run their non vented propane heater all night?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own both the Wave 3 and the Wave 6. The Wave 3 on high setting is 3,000 BTU. The Wave 6 on low setting is 3,000 BTU.
The Wave 6 on low puts out more heat than the Wave 3 on high, although the BTUs are the same. Go figure.

66788 said:
I own both the Wave 3 and the Wave 6.   The Wave 3 on high setting is 3,000 BTU.   The Wave 6 on low setting is 3,000 BTU.
The Wave 6 on low puts out more heat than the Wave 3 on high, although the BTUs are the same.   Go figure.

Yes, I find that the Wave 6 is often too much heat even on low and I have to open more windows.  I think a Wave 3 may have been adequate but better too much than too little, I guess.

66788 said:
I own both the Wave 3 and the Wave 6.   The Wave 3 on high setting is 3,000 BTU.   The Wave 6 on low setting is 3,000 BTU.
The Wave 6 on low puts out more heat than the Wave 3 on high, although the BTUs are the same.   Go figure.

If one is putting out more the other, then the BTU's ARE NOT the same, one or both of them are off from specs.  Age or condition may be a factor.

As long as you have enough heat to stay warm and comfortable, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the specs.  I might double check the mechs though to make sure that everything looks like it working properly and safely.

Since I started this thread I should note that now I have been using my Wave 3 on low 1600BTU during the night while I sleep with no issues. I have my Fantastic Fan opened about an inch almost over my head. I run the heater on high in the colder temps (its 2C right now and after about 2 hours, I am just starting to get too warm, need to turn it down).

At this point I have not run the heater on high all night, but might do so next week when it reaches negative 6C.

So glad I insulated well! No moisture or condensation issues at all.