How fo you lose a air conditioner on a truck?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimindenver

Reaction score
I replaced my window A/C with the more efficient version that pulls 410w. It was suppose to be here the 18th and even said out for delivery by 8 PM but never showed. It said that the 19th and the 20th too with the same result so I call to set it up for a pick up. That's when they told me they had no idea where it was. It had been scanned the 18th but not since then. I had to call Amazon to get anything done about it.

So I called Amazon who in turn did a group call to UPS. UPS started a investigation, Amazon said it would take too long and sent another A/C. It is suppose to be here tomorrow and a A/C showed up today. It is the one that was lost. lol

So I will call Amazon when the second shows up. I may just keep it because on hot, hot days the solar can run two A/C's pulling 410 watts each. It will be like running two smaller generators when you have a heavy load but most of the time just one will do.

I still wonder how they lost a box that big on a truck.

Funny.

Sometimes things "fall off a truck" and insurance pays.

Actually I think they self-insure through an off-shore subsidiary or something.

UPS has a very professional security team that helps keep such losses down. Maybe they found it tucked away in a corner of the sorting facility.

I ordered a propane instant hot water heater from Amazon that didn't show, then Amazon sent another, then the first showed. Then a week later a 3rd showed up. So I called Amazon and asked what to do with the other two and they said to keep them! I used the first one every day for 14 months and the heater element broke, so i'm into my first back up. Hopefully this one lasts more than 14 months, but if not, nice to know I still have another back up.

Been hearing that a lot, it is cheaper to just have you keep it than hassle with the return shipping.

I just returned from walking Max to find the second A/C had been dropped off at my trailer. I'll let you know what Amazon says. Realistically the last one did a decent job in Yuma and Ehrenberg when it was reaching the low 100's. That was dry heat though, moist heat will sure make having two A/C's nice.

Stuff happens.

Having been in transportation and warehousing, and actually inside some UPS terminals, my guess is that as it was being hand loaded from the conveyor or shipping pallet onto the UPS package car, it was scanned then set aside for a minute, maybe to make room for other packages, or they simply took a break, got distracted, or whatever.

It may have been sitting on the dock, un-noticed for a day or two.

Then someone noticed it and loaded it on the right truck (without an additional scan) and off it went.

They wont tell you that even if they knew, and probably no way we will ever know.

Well drat. Amazon took it back or at least they will tomorrow when UPS picks it up. I even offered to pay for the extra and still they wanted it back. Oh well.

John this one is mounted in the cabinet where the microwave use to be. A friend helped me open up the wall, install a grate and trim out the insides so that I do not have to mount and unmount it each time. I use to hang it in the escape window of the bedroom where a 20 inch box fan spread the cool from that end and a exhaust fan took the heat off the ceiling on the other end.

The other advantage it had in the bedroom was when we came home and the trailer was already hot. I could pull the curtain and the A/C had no problem keeping that small space cool in 110 degree heat. Max and I would just kick back and wait for the rest of the world to cool down.

How do you lose one?  Well I know a guy... he seems to find these brand-new things that just fall off of trucks!  It's the darnedest thing.  He has a whole warehouse full of things like that.

In fact , he's my cousin Louie.  Great guy.  He can get it for ya wholesale.  You just got to go to New York to pick it up.  

Regards, 

Cousin Pat

How far does it stick out?

Pics someday if you get a round tuit.

John

It doesn't stick out at all. The vent cover is all you see from the outside. Inside it is flush with the cabinet it is in. I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

well- Just received a solar panel that was lost- But right on time!?
I assumed Renogy was just saying it was lost to cover for not shipping-
silly me.

I wonder if there was a big data loss- Pretty unprecedented.

Scanning is very tight these days. Two other options would be a damag d label or the origin scan never left the shipper.