How do I wire this?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...

So, I google jumper...all I get is jumper cables to jumpstart a car.

I am really dumb about all this.

Can someone draw me a picture. Please show the connector that I crimp onto that wire....

The diagram shows all the pins connected. 15/16/17. With two positive wires. I take that in a literal sense. Connect one red wire to 15/16. The other to 16/17. But..obviously the two perform different functions...so not connected with the same what-cha-macallit

If I knew the names..I could google it.

ok let's try again, go to this link,

http://www.electriccarpartscompany....r-Intelligent-Digital-EV-Battery-Pack-Monitor

on the right hand side there are thumbnails, the second thumbnail is the schematic you posted. the third thumbnail shows everything much more clearly. click on that one, it shows the power in terminal 16 and the power out terminal 17. wire it like that. disregard everything else that has to do with those two terminals. there are no jumpers involved. highdesertranger

Here is an example of a jumper on a solar controller:

jumper-pic.JPG

ss-jumper.JPG

But this is not what you have, so please disregard the part about the jumper...it's just confusing things...and that is my fault.

Jumpers are used on many of these types of devices, but not yours, it seems to be done with a setup menu.

Again, disregard.

Attachments

• jumper-pic.JPG
    jumper-pic.JPG
    23.4 KB
  • ss-jumper.JPG
    ss-jumper.JPG
    79.5 KB
Jumpers on a circuit board, just FYI

a-jumper-used-on-a-circuit-board-to-change-the-behaviour-of-the-circuit-ABFF17.jpg

you are welcome, I am glad that cleared it up. I also agree that first schematic is very confusing. highdesertranger

I spent some time studying that second diagram. It does clear nearly everything up for me. It was HUGELY helpful...thank you

I still have to either order different contactors or call the guy that did that diagram. Because (of course) my contactors look nothing like those. Didn't find anywhere that there is four connection points.... power, ground, and to the pins on the monitor. Ah well..that would have been too easy. Well, no real complaint...I am learning a ton!! Always a good thing.