How do I set up my mail so I can boondoggle it?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've found my rv and I'mfixing to bug out as soon as I sell some furniture and stuff I don't need. Rent and bills are killing me, being retired. Anyway, I was hoping that someone might give me some advice as to how to handle my mail? I am on disability and I sure don't want to foul that up and I get direct deposit so banking not a problem. If there's anybody out there who is in a similar situation who could give me some pointers or tips it would be greatly appreciated! I've been watching a lot of videos of people living in rv's and vans and such and I belive it just my be the thing for me and my chihuahua Teddy. 
Maybe we'll see you on the road somewherwhere...

I found a UPS store with P.O. boxes that forwards the mail and gives a street address instead of a P.O. box number.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sleepingdogcamp! P.O. box, mail forwarding service, friend's or relative's house - all will work. Research them to see which will be best for you. Many forum members get disability checks directed deposited in their accounts and as far as I know traveling hasn't affected anyone's payments so you be fine.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Finding a mail forwarder to receive and forward your mail is easy, just do a google search. The UPS store will work but you ca usually get it cheaper with better service, depending where you are. The hard part is your driver's license. You need to get a REAL ID compliant drivers license while you are still in the house when it's very easy. Also, I'd strongly encourage you to get your passport while it's easy.