HOTSPRINGS! HIKING AND CYCLING!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotSpringsCyclist

Reaction score
Who's interested?  I am a 40 y.o. woman with two kiddos (9 &11, boys), and I sure would like some like-minded friends or a small group to travel with in the winter, to visit hotsprings.  I would LOVE to find a winter job at one.  Does anyone know of hotsprings that need winter and/or holiday help where I can park on site?  Just looking to do something different this winter besides sit around and have not enough work in Spokane, while fighting the endless snow and dark.  I love self-improvement, reading, audiobooks, mountain and road cycling (have both), hiking, talking about travel and gear, sewing new patches on my patch vest, swimming, exploring, giving and receiving massage, love cinnamon rolls and coffee, and always creating new adventures.  I am LGBTQ-friendly, (about 90% lesbian, 10% straight!  ha! - have two on-and-off partners who don't like to travel - all poly/consensual/informed), mostly libertarian/slight democrat for social reasons/pro 2nd ammendment rights... I definitely value my freedom.  You don't have to be exactly like me - in fact, I truly value diversity and other opinions - just know where I am at!  Desiring community and family, and a supportive environment for all our kids!  Interested in exploring Idaho and Nevada hotsprings.

I love hot springs and visit many, but none of the ones I go to have staff. they are in the boonies. highdesertranger

I was just thinking - hot springs . . . the ones I know of, I wouldn't go to in the winter. The Markleeville hot springs would hire (CA state parks) and have a place to park, but will be covered with more snow than Spokane will ever see. (BTW I live just east of Spokane, in Idaho.)

highdesertranger said:
I love hot springs and visit many,  but none of the ones I go to have staff.  they are in the boonies.  highdesertranger

Woah, can you elaborate on where remote hot springs may be found?  I'm working my way over from illinois, very excited to cut my teeth on boondocking.

beeStout said:
Woah, can you elaborate on where remote hot springs may be found?  I'm working my way over from illinois, very excited to cut my teeth on boondocking.

Unfortunately, such locations can become victims of their own popularity, so many "in the know" refuse to give exact locations online.  One is 50 miles of 4wd road from the nearest paved road near Death Valley, and the NPS was threatening to expand the park and close it down.