MT/ID Camp With Us, Soak in Hotsprings, Hike, Kayak!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotSpringsCyclist

Reaction score
Hello fellow nomads!  

My partner and I are excited to do the following schedule... loosely or so... 
Evening of July 4th - FIREWORKS at LOLO HOTSPRINGS - FREE; campsite = $15/night or drive to nearby free ones <10 miles.  Hot pool, cooler swimming pool - $9/day.  Horseback riding.  Bar, music, restaurant.  Unlimited space to park and camp w/o hookups.  Bathrooms and showers.

July 5th - either another day of swimming at Lolo, or we may venture on to ELK BEND, IDAHO, south of Salmon.  Camp at Dick's Dugout - free and listed on FreeCampsites.net.

July 6th-7th - day hike or backpack(?) in to GOLDBUG HOTSPRINGS.  3.3 miles, difficult but beautiful and worth it.  My partner has EDS, and is gonna give it a try, and I'm pretty sure he is gonna make it.  5G service at all times.  No cost.  No overnight parking at the springs, so if you also wanna backpack in, you have to park at a different place and walk in.  Dicks Dugouts is probably an additional 3 miles away.

July 8th - head to THOUSAND SPRINGS for kayaking, find a free campside on FreeCampsites.net.  Ritter State Park is featured on one of Bob Wells' videos.  Hotsprings are also in this area... we may check out those, as well.  Depends on how fast we deplete our funds.

July 9th or 10th - Craters of the Moon!  Explore and hike!

We would be happy to share our kayaks!  We have two!  

How to find us:  2005 Maroon Ford Freestar, pretty low-profile...no fancy buildout.  We tent.  No plates - just aquired the vehicle.  Probably bringing our "Pokeball Tent" red and white cheap-o WalMart 8 person tent, and/or green REI Half Dome.  Reply here, or on Rainbow Nomads FB Page.

Would love to have some folks to have dinner with and chat.

The part of the country I like to be in. Wish I could be out of the house because I would be in the neighborhood already.

Sounds like fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk