Horse trailer?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyImHome

Reaction score
I hadn't really given this any thought, but a friend is getting out of mobile pet grooming and is going to part out the grooming part of her 2 horse trailer and sell the trailer too. There is a big roof a/c on it. Overall decent shape, except needing to be lifted as the tires are very close to the wheel well. <br>I don't know if she'll be realistic on price, but thought I'd check with the wisdom here on doing something like this before asking her.&nbsp;I'm mostly curious if anyone knows of someone converting a small 2 horse into FT living quarters. How have folks arranged them?&nbsp;<br>They're all metal, so more sturdy than wood trailers? A good thing? Kinda narrow though.<br>If not this trailer, I might want to consider others.

Can't help you but it is something I've wondered about. Some of them have nice living quarters in them and you would have room for arts or crafts or flea market stuff if you have to make money. Times are tough and you can always find nice ones for sale. I would go with a Goose neck if I had a big enough truck though. A goose neck just hauls really well.

x2 on the goose neck that is what we have on our stock trailer.&nbsp; as far as if it would work you are going to have to decide this yourself.&nbsp; as far as lifting it.&nbsp; it&nbsp;probability &nbsp;has torsion axles not so easy to lift.&nbsp; most horse and stock trailers have torsion axles to keep the deck low for easy loading and unloading of stock.&nbsp; highdesertranger

This particular trailer is out. WAY too much for it. I do think the idea is interesting though. I'd still like to hear of anyone's experience doing this. Good to know about the torsion axles, didn't think about that.&nbsp;

I have seen a person take a basic work trailer and put in a bed and kitchen and a potty and call it home. He uses the 16 foot trailer for other things as well. just a couple of small windows. IF the floor is good weatherproof wood then it would last about 20,000 miles. Your choice on what you find. This type of trailer may be hard to get into RV parks.<br><br>James AKA Lynx in a van.

I thought about doing this too a few weeks ago but the trailers were way out of my price range. There's a few books on the subject...unfortunately I can't remember the titles right now. The conversions though were beautiful.

Latest posts