hope to be happy camper soon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodiG

Reaction score
I retire in 15 months. Planning to be a fair-weather camper, 6-7 months of the year. Looking for lightest rig I can get for the gas mileage, so thinking Rav4 hybrid, a tiny 450 pound teardrop, and a Clam tent. Not planning on over-wintering in that, but I admire you all for doing that.

Welcome Jodi to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.
\
highdesertranger

What model is the 450 lb teardrop? I have a girlfriend looking for something like that so she can pull it with her car.

I bought my camper van and then discovered that two of my other girlfriends also want to travel in this manner. It's been fun to plan together.

Thanks for any info and welcome from another newbie!

The Twist tr7 made by micro-light trailers, elkhart indiana, is at the top of my list. 450 pounds. Can be pulled by a motorcycle (tr7 is the name of a big bike). I'll use a small car, though.

I would consider the Armadillo Vaquero, but Armadillo Teardrops has disappeared off the internet---don't know what is up with that. Phone number doesn't work either.

I had considered the American Teardrop Osprey, but this forum informed me of questionable workmanship with the manufacturer.

Just learned about Pro Lite trailers made in Quebec, with dealers in the US. I might be interested in their Suite model, though it weighs 590 pounds. You can sit up at a table in that thing.

I would go for a plain old Little Guy Rascal if one turned up close at hand, even though I don't want a hatch. The problem with most of these tiny sleepers is I may have to go a long way to pick one up, or have it shipped. There aren't a lot of them out there. --Jodi