Honda generator recall

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highdesertranger

R.I.P HDR
Reaction score
FYI the new Honda generators  specifically the EU2200i are going to be recalled again.  this time it is a circuit board that is susceptible to corrosion.  Honda will send owners a letter.  they have not done so at this time.  when i get mine i will post it up.

I got this info from the place I bought mine.  they can't do a thing until Honda comes up with a fix and makes the parts available.  in the mean time they said keep the generator out of salt air.

highdesertranger

Thanks for the heads up alert.

I just let my friend know this, he has a pair of newer 2000s and at the moment he has them stored in the dock box at the slip where he lives on his sailboat, pretty salty place for sure. He will be moving them to the workshop space for storage later today.

I got my notice from the CSPC(Consumer Safety Product Commission) last Tuesday. I called the place I bought it from and asked them if they had the parts on hand and they said yes, bring it in. I took it in on Wednesday and they called me the next day and said it was done. over all a pretty painless affair. the fix involves a sheet metal shield and silicone grease. highdesertranger

I received my letter from Honda, America today. I may eventually get to a dealer to have this resolved but I doubt it. When I'm that close to salt water/air I'm near the Gulf so my solar is at its peak and no need for the genny.