Honda Fit Question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddy

Reaction score
For those of you who have a Honda Fit, can you sit up in the back? What year is your model? I'm considering one myself but there are lots of varying reports about the height of the interior (with the rear seats down). Need to be able to use my computer and cook comfortably in the car.

muddy said:
For those of you who have a Honda Fit, can you sit up in the back? What year is your model? I'm considering one myself but there are lots of varying reports about the height of the interior (with the rear seats down). Need to be able to use my computer and cook comfortably in the car.

I would suggest not buying a Honda Fit.  I bought a new 2012 Fit, the early reviews were great on that generation. After I bought it the problems started to come to light in the Fit forums.  There were both design and execution issues with that car.  Mine had major issues that Honda would not make right. I sold it and got a Mazda 3 with the 2.0 Skyactive engine and six speed auto trans, way better car. Better mileage, more room, superior instrumentation, much better transmission and far more fun to drive with it's sporty handling.

I would suggest that you look at the 2003-2008 first gen Toyota Matrix.  Those years Toyotas may well have had better build quality than those being made today.  The rear seats fold totally flat, the link below has a pic of one with the seats folded down. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Matrix#M-Theory_.282007.29

Better safety ratings on the Matrix than the Fit.  The first gen Fit sold in the US was a more reliable car than gen two, but the gen one is very small.

A picture of the Toyota Matrix taken from the Wikipedia page linked above, that's an impressive amount of room for such a small car. The exact same car also sold a Pontiac Vibe:

Matrix_Interior.jpg

muddy said:

Not sure what solution you have used, but I own a 2013 Honda Fit sport and absolutely love it.  I've used it many times to go "car" camping (I sleep in the car and setup my living room outside).  Yes I can sit up nicely if I want in the back, but I prefer to be outside unless sleeping.  I haven't had any issues and i'm completely happy with my purchase, although I wish it had a tow capacity, but depending on when my warranty runs out I'm considering a small runaway when that happens.  Not sure I need it though.  Good luck.

akrvbob said:
A picture of the Toyota Matrix taken from the Wikipedia page linked above, that's an impressive amount of room for such a small car. The exact same car also sold a Pontiac Vibe:

Matrix_Interior.jpg

I would love to sleep with my head under the sunroof. Can you imagine falling asleep looking at the stars.....Ah what a wonderful set up it would be.

Nicole