homesteader turned migrant worker thinking of going mobile

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terranaught

Reaction score
I've been off grid for 20 years or so with the garden, solar, self sufficient stuff and started traveling for work and noticed I don't need acreage and lots of stuff to be happy. I bought a 2000 or so tall stretched savana and me and my coworker are travel working. having a queen size bed ready for us when work is over beats setting up tents or converting the car for sleep. 13mpg means I am working for gas tho. we will see how it goes.
A few things I am debating is adding lpg tanks and solar as I will loses the stealth aspect, I've got time to figure that out.

I used to hang at homesteading today as terranaught, or cmcon=7 after I lost regular internet for a few years and forgot my password.

I wanted to mention gold mining claims or clubs clubs as camp sites, and will search for threads later

Yes, I've run into some mining clubs that were very happy to have a camper hang out on their claim. I got the impression that if they liked you, there might not be any set time limit. Is that what you're referring to?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Welcome terranaught to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

A Savage Adventure said:
Welcome, terranaught!

here is a small website I made years ago, while browsing other forums I remembered it there are a few projects that directly relate to van dwelling   https://bluebarrelgarden.weebly.com/.

I will post some of them in the appropriate forums.

I also attended solwest in john day oregon for many years.