Home Sweet Home

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylarosse

Reaction score
:)

Well I am buying a 1987 Ford Van 12 passenger extended 1 ton. It has cruise control, power windows, power locks, AC!!!! dual heat front and rear. I'm very excited... here are some pics.... I can not wait to start a build on this BADBOY i will be leaving the windows open but i will use that perforated vinyl stuff and then i will make my own shades for the inside... I have been looking at this stuff for over 2 years now. I think I'm really ready. I got a shopping cart at Amazon for 1700.00 for all my solar and hardware and somethings that BOB has mentioned getting. Have i mentioned I'm EXCITED!!!! getting it TODAY at 10:30 this morning...

Attachments

• 2503.jpeg
    2503.jpeg
    907.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 01010_eVOBGDJRXw0_1200x900.jpg
    01010_eVOBGDJRXw0_1200x900.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 00k0k_8WsdFhQEmRT_1200x900.jpg
    00k0k_8WsdFhQEmRT_1200x900.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2505.jpeg
    2505.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2507.jpeg
    2507.jpeg
    674.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2509.jpeg
    2509.jpeg
    646.7 KB · Views: 6
SO HAPPY you are so excited!! Great pics of your van. You will have a blast building out your new home on wheels!! Great adventures in that van are coming your way :)

RoamerRV428 said:
SO HAPPY you are so excited!!  Great pics of your van.  You will have a blast building out your new home on wheels!!  Great adventures in that van are coming your way :)

Thank you RoamerRV428 I'll share more photos as I start the build.

less than 1K...not bad at all!

names, names, hmmm, like Road Warrior?? haha, no clue to help you kinda, I know you will find something that suits you and your personality on that van! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

RoamerRV428 said:
less than 1K...not bad at all!

names, names, hmmm, like Road Warrior??  haha, no clue to help you kinda, I know you will find something that suits you and your personality on that van!  Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

RoamerRV428...... LOL.. love the name. I haven't named any of the others so to be honest I probably won't name this one either.

yea we aren't namers also for some reason. home on wheels is home on wheels, I kinda don't think of our rv as a to be named item I guess in our lives. I know we called it PIA and Piece of Sh** a few times in its lifetime HA

RoamerRV428 said:
yea we aren't namers also for some reason.  home on wheels is home on wheels, I kinda don't think of our rv as a to be named item I guess in our lives.  I know we called it PIA and Piece of Sh** a few times in its lifetime HA

LMAO!!!!

Skylarosse said:
For 750.00........ Also needing a Name... and suggestions Welcomed

Congrats Sky,  I'm still floundering and searching for my BUGGY.

Is your new home a boy or girl?  If a boy, could be called <b>Homer</b> :rolleyes:

I didn't see ant rust and looks like it is pretty solid. Any idea how many miles? Be sure to save some money for repairs if it has been sitting as all fluids, belts, hoses and anything rubber will need replaced.

Does the ac work?? Front and rear? The heat too?? I have a 94 with front and rear heat that works great but I have to fix whatever makes it switch back and forth from heat to air in the rear which I believe is done with vacuum. I’ve had it zip tied in the ac position all summer but want it to be right where I can switch back and forth from the dash. If all of this works on yours your very lucky at 750 bucks.

Latest posts