hola from New Jersey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceypetunia

Reaction score
I'm Stacey and I have been lurking here for a while.  I am originally from Houston, TX but I'm currently located in Wayne, NJ.  I want to get out there and do my own thing.  I'm not sure what kind of vehicle I am going to get, because right now, I'm trying to find the money to make this happen.

Most of my friends (and my partner) think I am positively loco for wanting to be independent and live a different kind of life.  I've always let them get to me, but now I am focused on my dreams and goals.

Welcome. Nice to meet another East Coast dweller.

I'm currently pre-build myself, sill gathering funds and knowledge.

Lots of people dont "get it" but that's why they have the option to choose what works for them. There's alway the quick escape of a few days away even if you can't go full time.

Welcome Stacey to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Stacypetunia. I am an East Coaster too Pennsylvania is the home but now in Florida And making the best of a bad situation in a rehab hospital for a few more weeks. My van is alone sitting in a field at a friends farm waiting for me to come home to it. Keep in touch there are plans to unite the east coasters once this Covid thing gets over I think we have plenty of East Coast people around so don’t go away. I always hope that your newbies get what you want. And I’m glad I don’t get what I deserve.?

Aloha Stacypetunia Aloha To All from Lakewood NJ :) I usually say Focus and Finish but to you I'll say Focus and Start.
I picked up a Kia Sedona 2010 minivan last spring and it works fine for camping. I did a no build build.
The longest I've stayed out was 6 days. I meet up with 2 other like minded campers. One from CRVL one from meetup.com. It was great gathering last Labor Day :)I have all that I need and more. LOL I still have room for other stuff. I'll admit it would be nice to stand up in it but truly it's not a need even with my bad knees. I very much enjoyed attending the 2019 Van Build in Parker AZ and the RTR 2020 also in Parker Az. I did those trips in a rented minivan out of Vegas which I hooked up using finds from the thrifts store. So Fun.. At this point I've been thinking to take a slow drive south starting mid April and not have a destination. I apologize the photos are large I haven't been able to reduce them. Happy Safe Trails

GntlStone said:
...There's alway the quick escape of a few days away even if you can't go full time.
So true. And while you are doing e tended campouts you will be building your outdoors & camping skills, gathering up the gear you will need. Welcome!
-crofter

Latest posts