hobbies that help out with RV living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no hobbies that help out in my rv life.

only hobby I truly love that 'could do anything' for my rv lifestyle would be metal detecting LOL, I find money and jewelry, etc., money that can go into the gas tank for roaming. A big dent in expenses, nope HAHA but something that is a hobby that contributes I guess :)

honda window screen.JPG
Got the first screen window sock sewed up for my Honda Element. It works as my tow car for my trailer, doubles as a guest room or is good for quick trips or trips or going up into the mountains and other areas I don't want to take my trailer. So window socks to beat the skeeters are an essential item.

I will be glad to get done with this particular project. Trailer window screens I would rate as easy, they are nice and flat with few curves. Car window socks rate no fun at all compared to that. At least it looks OK despite all my bumbling learning curve mistakes I had to fix and disguise.

It did turn out reasonably invisible and blended in to the overall look of the car. A few wrinkles were pretty much a given as I have rain guards over the windows on the outside of the doors.

Funniest comment from a neighbor while I was working on fitting it....oh no! what happened did you break a window?

Attachments

• honda window screen.JPG
    honda window screen.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 5
BrookeD said:
I do some seamstress work too. It is rather exciting to see another sewer. I'm not out on the road yet, but I am planning on taking my machines. It nice to read your thread.   :)
I just want to try some fabric art projects. I can't wait to get out on the road. Still about two months away.

maki2 said:
Got the first screen window sock sewed up for my Honda Element. It works as my tow car for my trailer, doubles as a guest room or is good for quick trips or trips or going up into the mountains and other  areas I don't want to take my trailer. So window socks to beat the skeeters are an essential item.

I will be glad to get done with this particular project. Trailer window screens I would rate as easy, they are nice and flat with few curves. Car window socks rate no fun at all compared to that. At least it looks OK despite all my bumbling learning curve mistakes I had to fix and disguise.

It did turn out reasonably invisible and blended in to the overall look of the car. A few wrinkles were pretty much a given as I have rain guards over the windows on the outside of the doors.

Funniest comment from a neighbor while I was working on fitting it....oh no! what happened did you break a window?
I think they look great! And a really great idea.

Latest posts