Hi there from a couple of new Pahrumpians

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILLandSHEILA

Reaction score
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bill and I have jumped into nomad life full force. We bought a hightop van a few months ago and it's been a whirlwind ever since. We are currently in Pahrump and loving it. Our van (her name is Delilah) has brand new Nevada license plates too! Many thanks to Bob and Caroline who gave such great instructions along with video on how to become a resident. That was SO helpful! Bob's videos are the reason we are here. Everything made so much sense. Bill and I talked about it extensively and we held hands and leaped. [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bill and I have learned so much since we left the rat race. We have made many changes and improvements along the way to Delilah. Well, mostly Bill made the changes. Gotta give the man his credit as he's earned it. :) It's been a fun and creative process that we have both enjoyed.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We look forward to meeting all you fellow nomads on our travels. [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bill and Sheila [/font]

Welcome to the CRVL forums Bill and Shelia! Are you planning on coming to the RTR? Hope to see you there!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Pahrumpians,eh?  How was your journey to Earth?  :p

Happy travels and welcome to the forum.

Haha! We had a great journey! I heard the term Pahrumpians last week in one of the local shops and thought it was cute. Thank you for welcoming us!

Only use of "Pahrumpians" that I have heard, in 4+ years in this area, was negative. The speaker was referring to residents of Pahrump, who take on a job, do half the work, get paid for the half work, then never return, or they complete a job, but it is only half as good as it should be.

Context is key to meaning. Maybe some locals use it in a positive self referential manner.

Welcome to Nye County, third largest county in the lower 48 states. You will most likely want to have good air conditioning, or be somewhere other than Pahrump come June through September. Tonopah, also in Nye County, at 6,000+ft is a start.

Latest posts