Hi,my name is Rochelle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilac

Reaction score
Hi,my name is Rochelle and I also will be attending the RTR..I have been desperately trying to sell my Rav4 in order to buy this van I seen on craigslist which is where my car is also listed but people have been interested in my car but dont like the idea of it having 219,000 miles on it..Looks like I will have to make it work,I also want to find a lightweight trailer to tow behind it just to carry a few things like a cooler and such..I have no experience in vandrelling but feel it's about time I figure it out..I hope to meet the same folks in my predicament and learn how to be comfortable in a small space..I refuse to wait years on a waiting list for housing and really not feeling like its necessary since so many people are living the nomadic lifestyle, it sounds and feels like it would work for me..

Maybe there is a way to be on a housing list while you are nomadic. Even if it takes years, at that time it will give you another option.
You could even travel after getting one of those. A friend of mine qualified for assisted housing in Alameda Ca and got a real nice apartment for something like $60 a month. You can't boondock for that little.

Welcome Rochelle!!!
I am new also, welcome to freedom. I have always been a rolling stone (truck driver). Now retired looking forward to meeting like minded people. I will be in a 2009 Subaru at RTR 2019. Please keep in touch, we will grow together. Loving Bob :D

Welcome Rochelle!
I hope you are able to sell your Rav 4. Anyways, glad you meet you and hope you enjoy the experience of living like a nomad!