Hi. I'm the new guy.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29roadie

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm from British Columbia, Canada.
I've got a multi purpose 7x14 cargo trailer right now.
I'm not living in it full time, but I could.
Taking it on 2 or 3 week road trips is more likely.
My idea of camping/road tripping is pretty minimal.
I don't need a lot of conveniences myself but I do really enjoy looking at other peoples builds.

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum. I am a part timer myself. A bed and a bucket is about all one really needs. A stove and cooler are a step up if you buy foods that need cooking.

Welcome roadie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Welcome to the forum and by the way they just shut the border of US with Canada - don't take it personally. Hope you have enough toilet paper.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
Ya I definitely favour a pretty basic setup but I'm still super comfortable. After all I'm off the ground and out of the rain.
There's always room for improvement though and I'm always looking for new ideas.
I guess that's probably why I'm here. Cheers,

Haha No problem nature lover. I think it's mutually beneficial. We've not got it as bad as your side of the boarder. I think just over 600 cases across Canada as of today and nearly all of them picked it up in other countries. I think it's a great idea to cut down on unnecessary international travel. I went and picked up some milk at the store today. There's still lots of TP on the shelves here but I keep seeing images of people going nuts for the stuff all over the world. Crazy stuff and it's only going to get a lot worse for everyone. I read today that it's likely to be like this for 1 year to 1.5 years. What will people be going crazy for in a year? Stay safe.

29roadie said:
. What will people be going crazy for in a year? Stay safe.
They will just be completely crazy :rolleyes:

I just heard there is a new way to find out your IQ - start at 150 and subtract the number of rolls toilet paper you are hording.:) If this thing does last a year perhaps toilet paper will be the new currency. If the government keeps printing so many dollars then the value of the dollar will be equal to a sheet of TP.

Haha, ya no kidding.
I think RV/Van/Trailer life is going to offer a lot of people a positive option they've never considered for themselves in the next year.
No room to hoard stuff you don't need either.

Cheers,

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

I'm sure that there are a lot of folks here just like us who read this forum and venture out occasionally.   Whether it be with a trailer, pick up camper, van, or RV of some kind many of us here are still with one foot in the sticks and bricks and the other itching to get to the gas pedal and go on the road.  It's no shame not to be a full time nomad...the option or choice has always been there for those who need or want it. 

Gas at Sam's Club was $1.77 the other day and the temp's were 68 F  so I was out in my van for a day or so just to be out of the house.  Day tripping.  Met several families with their big trailers and was told that they were going out into the Appalachian hills to ride out the Corona Virus issue by being out of the larger city areas.

nature lover said:
Welcome to the forum and by the way they just shut the border of US with  Canada - don't take it personally.  Hope you have enough toilet paper.
They have lots of TP in Canada. They have lots of trees and their own paper mills too. But if they are smart they will quit exporting it to the USA. Or maybe take advantage of having all that "white gold" and raise the prices even higher so that it becomes their biggest export money maker.