Hi everybody! Just a dreamer over here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Classica

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

My name is Trey and I'm currently just a stick and brick guy. I discovered Bob and the vandwelling life via YouTube and am currently in a loose planning phase for a build of my own (hopefully in the next year or two, I'll be on the road... Haven't even picked out a bucket yet!). I figured I should finally open a CRVL account so I can pick the brains of you beautiful people directly while I'm still planning ?

I'm currently a merchant sailor, but am hoping to one day find a more creative means to make a living on on the road and just be a simpler, happier person. I think that's one of the biggest appeals of this lifestyle, no?

Welcome to the CRVL forums Trey! Everyone needs a bucket so better go get one. ;-) Feel free to ask questions about anything!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Yes, you are correct. Welcome. I, too am in the planning stages and scan any and all car lots for that van I will need! This group is a great place to begin.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Classica  :)

Nothing wrong with being an "Armchair Nomad" at all.   :D

I have websites below that you can build your dreams on real easily.  One for converting a Van, Trailer, or Car
to hit the road with and the other for living on the road in comfort once you are out there.  BUT.....in the Trip Planing
section there websites that you can use to take virtual trips like with Google.  (just like driving in your car)

Appreciate the warm welcome and the advice! Thanks everyone! Think I'm gonna like it here ?

As another noob in the planning stage, I like the fact that the "un-vehicled" are welcome!