Hi, All,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateL

Reaction score
Good to be here. I'll be embarking on my van life journey as of Oct 31, when my lease ends. I've been in Western Massachusetts, but will be staying at a friend's in CT for most of November and then heading to Arizona. I'm wondering if the LTVA is an option for me but still need to do more research. I'm hoping to get to Quartzsite in January.

I'm in a 2014 Odyssey minivan. I'm hoping to remove the 3rd row seats (2nd row is designed to come out and already removed). Then I hope to get the floor a bit more level, and probably put down some plywood with a rug on top. I've been watching YouTube videos, starting with CheapRVliving, for the past few years. Once I get the seats out and the floor level, I'm planning to go with a bare bones set-up until I know better what makes the most sense in terms of power, refrigeration/cooking, etc. I have a collapsible bucket style "toilet", a couple of sleeping mats, some basic tools including a "cat hole" shovel. I'm planning to join Planet Fitness or similar for access to showers.

If anyone has advice or suggestions for threads, they would be welcome. One question I have, and can probably find the answer on this forum...can I stay at LTVA without a self-contained toilet, as long as I park within 500 feet of the restrooms? I thought I read that somewhere but trying to confirm before I firm up plans.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for route planning for travel from CT to AZ, that would be great. I joined AAA and am wondering if the digital Triptik would be a good option.

Thanks in advance! I'm glad to be here.

Welcome. Yes you can stay at the LTVA areas within 500 feet of a portable toilet. Many people do that.