Hey Y’all !

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GonePhishin

Reaction score
And so my story goes:  divorce 2016.  Lost job 2017.  Started my own business (house remodeling).  Covid and burnout 2020. Back at it 2021.  53 y.o.   Two kids out of nest.  One to go.  (Shared custody 50/50 and me and the X get along fine now). Spending all my spare time boondocking and working toward a nomadic lifestyle as soon as that is possible. I have done so twice in the past prior to kids and being on the road again is my dream.  For now, I work a while and then I Go a while.  Hoping to spend at least a month in AZ this winter. Living in Shenandoah Valley of VA so plenty of NF land to do so.  Interested in learning all that I can from those out doing it. Have truck and tent for “deep” boondocking and box trailer for “shallow” locations. Anyone in my area?  Hit me up! Glad to provide info to anyone coming this way. Would love to caravan some as time allows.

Welcome to the forums.
Sounds like you're getting in good practice by boondocking in your home base area. Would suggest making sure your rig has had all maintenance done before leaving out of area and include preventative maintenance. Having an emergency fund is also helpful in case of unforeseen troubles which will eventually happen. Hope everything works out and we'll see you on the road sometime in the future.

Welcome GonePhishin to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I could spend the rest of my life in the Shenandoah forest, we’ll maybe not the winters?. I perceive, sir, that you that you are a birder. “Phishing”. Am I right? I got 38 new species in Florida last winter and I’m up to 396. Welcome aboard I’m glad you have experience and I hope you get what you’re looking for here and on the road. As I tell all my birding friends keep looking up.

Welcome....it does sound like you got all your ducks in a row and you hit onto that great road life that works so well for you.....you got great adventures ahead of you :) tent for out of the way and a box trailer for other....you got yourself covered well! Wishing you the best and go out and enjoy!!

My emergency fund is enough to replace my vehicle, engine or transmission and a couple of weeks in a motel. $6,000 could cover that, depending on location and a replacement vehicle. I haven't spent over $4500 on a vehicle in 20 years

RoamerRV428 said:
Welcome....it does sound like you got all your ducks in a row and you hit onto that great road life that works so well for you.....you got great adventures ahead of you :)  tent for out of the way and a box trailer for other....you got yourself covered well!  Wishing you the best and go out and enjoy!!
Thanks for your reply and encouragement!! Ever onward!