Hey I'm Olias

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olias

Reaction score
My name is Olias, pronounced Oh-Lye-əs. I started living in vehicles when I was 15 (I graduated high school while living in an unmoving honda accord in los angeles), I am now 27 years old and last year I built a camper and mobile video game museum from an old landscaping business' ford econoline. I am a self-taught electrical engineer that specializes in antique tech restoration and I built my van around solder-work and playing retro video games. The initial build including my 200ah batteries and entire electrical setup totaled around $5000. I also used commercial spray insulation to cover every inch of my van before building anything else, and it's very comfortable.

My instagram is @sproutedtoast if you'd like to see for yourself! I have been urban camping, again, since I was a teenager, but this year I've gotten out of the city and I'm learning the ways of country boondocking and looking for forested spots to camp.

Also I have installed solar for other campers that I've met, as well as old friends. I have enough electricity to run power tools and do full solar installation anywhere.
Also I've been to a couple gaming events to demo my van and see what the reaction would be. I do intend to visit Portland Retro Game Expo this year.
I'm here for info while I switch gears to country camping and figure stuff out, I was pretty confused by all the different annual passes available and have already found the info I needed right here! Also here to meet with people in real life. I made plenty of friends in venice last year but now I'm switching to the north where I feel more at home.
Anyways thanks, hello.  :cool:

Welcome to the CRVL forums Olias! Come out to the RTR gathering in Arizona! It starts on January 18th. Your camper sounds very interesting!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Olias,
You sound like an interesting person. I couldn’t find your account on Instagram. Will try again later. Do you mean vintage technology? Antique is 100 plus years. You make me feel very old. The first game I remember was a dot on the tv screen called Pong. That’s almost really antique. Anyway good luck from a fellow Angelena.