Hey, from the Adirondack Mts of NY

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADKhermit

Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself.&nbsp; My wife and I plan to become snowbirds this fall.&nbsp; No real plans yet just warmer climate.&nbsp; Headed south and or west, returning back here in April or May.&nbsp; Normally it's pretty nice here for three seasons.&nbsp; Had a couple pretty light winters in a row, this year the winter seemed to last forever, had a frost last night. ;( &nbsp; <br> <br>Currently our rig is an 2006 T@B Teardrop trailer with a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the jeep may get upgraded this summer.&nbsp; I haven't decided what I want,&nbsp; Too may different options.&nbsp; I like having 4x4, but am limited where I can go by the trailer.&nbsp; I have been thinking I may like a 4x4 truck with a slide in TC, but we are going to try the teardrop this first winter.<br><br>We will probably spend a lot of time boondocking if possible/available.&nbsp; <br><br>Don't know if we'll make it out to Quartzsite this year, but it is a maybe.&nbsp; <br><br>The dog is coming with, but the chickens will have to find a new home, probably someones freezer.<br><br>Keith<br><br><br>

Keith- thats my old stomping grounds.&nbsp; well actually any mountains in the northeast.&nbsp; Am surprised you did well with only a teardrop trailer.&nbsp; those are small to live in.&nbsp; Hope you have a couple of external tents to live in for expanded room.<BR><BR>Did you find private land to camp on at no cost?&nbsp; or National Forest at no cost?<BR>&nbsp;

<p>Hi Keith and welcome,<br><br>I love the look of Teardrops. Could we see a photo of your setup? I find you very brave to attempt to travel in it for an extended period of time. Actually if it doesn't work out it might be easy to find a reasonably priced trailer in the south or west to replace it.<br><br>You guys live in a very nice part of the country.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Nicole</p>

Offroad, Our sticks and bricks is here in NY,&nbsp; plan to head south "snowbirds" before next winter hits.&nbsp; So, no we didn't live in the trailer over the winter.<br><br>Nicole, thanks for the welcome.&nbsp;

Hi Adkhermit, welcome to the forum. I started out my journey vandwelling in a 69 Shasta 14' travel trailer pulled by a Jeep grand Cherokee in CATSKILL Ny. ( you didn't say where in the Adks, but I've hiked and camped and kayaked all over 'em) After moving to the Tn/Al/Ga triangle area, I've never looked back, though I'm presently in ft Worth Tx for work.

<span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong>welcome .... blkjak</strong></span>