Here We Go!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sen. Van Paul

Reaction score
Well, I am about to begin van life. '99 E350XL built out. Finishing up moving out of my current address. I work full time and am staying here doing that for a while. Want to make the switch for freedom, money and eventually I will take to the road for adventures. I want to eventually work half the year or so, adventure the other half.
The van: I bought it mostly converted. Insulated, built in bed with nice memory foam. It’s got a little solar power. (100ah AGM, 1000w inverter one 100w panel.) Enough to power the exhaust fan, my TV and charge small electronics. I am very sensitive to sleeping in the heat so I got a Jackery 1500 that will power a Zero Breeze Mark 2 for sleeping at night. Van has a sink (5 gal fresh and gray) that I likely will never use. Outside shower apparatus mounted on roof rack that I likely will also never use. Vinyl/tile style floor. It’s got 158k on it, and in really good shape.
I know nothing. Only thing I know is to try and be prepared and I’ve done that to the best of my ability. I’m a 30 year old single guy, sky’s the limit. Currently live in NH, USA (greatest country on earth). I’m not really one for the whole hash tag van life, obviously glamorized yet bloviated Instagram nonsense. That’s not real life. I am excited for the journey, including its many challenges.

Welcome to the group.
There's many helpful people here and lots of topics in others forums to help us newbies. Good luck on your adventures and hope to see you out on the road someday. ?

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Yes,  you can go about this without having to be "in the scene".   Lone Wolf's are everywhere going about life on their own as "they" please. 

Some will live about like they always did except be mobile in a rig,  some will work remotely,  others will be constantly looking for a better area to settle in possibly go back into the sticks & bricks and just do week end camping if the opportunity is rewarding enough.  Some may take traveling jobs where they work half the year and nomad the other half.  (such as those in the maritime industry, where their housing and food is part of being on the boat/ship)

I'd offer you to look at the two links below.  They can make going out there more safe, comfortable, and convenient.

First off Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the Zero Breeze?
Are going to try to cool the whole van with it?
I think you are way overestimating what you can cool with one of those.

Highdesertranger

I mean, with the tube pointed directly at me blowing at least 70° air, I'll be fine. I'm in NH, so "hot" up here, isn't nearly as brutal as other areas in the country.

Welcome to the forum. I’m not going to Instagram thing either because my rear end doesn’t look like a 20-year-old females I don’t think the Instagram people would take kindly to my showing it. Laugh out loud. I’ll leave it all to your imagination. I am nearly 300 pounds and ugly with the long white beard. Enough said but welcome to the forum