HELP NOW!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always is sales tax in every state I've lived in, private sale just meant you can agree to lie about the price you paid to the title office...

You will have to pay taxes when you register it to get the title in your name. Offer him 9000 if it looks good, if he says no, just leave your number and tell him to call if he changes his mind.

Here is one close to me, should you not find what you are looking for there let me know and if you waant come this area and I will chauffeur you around. It's not like I am busy.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/rvs/5820161261.html

Gunny said:
You will have to pay taxes when you register it to get the title in your name. Offer him 9000 if it looks good, if he says no, just leave your number and tell him to call if he changes his mind.

Here is one close to me, should you not find what you are looking for there let me know and if you waant come this area and I will chauffeur you around. It's not like I am busy.

Ohh I would love that one, but I am not able to get over there:-(
I have rented a car that I must deliver back to Las Vegas and I travel with so much gear that I cant go without car...
It sounds helpless but my back demands a special mattress that I am having with me and it is very heavy!

....on the other hand, if this is the right one...
Is it in your area? will you take a look at it, and if it is worth it, I will have to drive 15 ours to get there!

Well, because of 9/11 and other things, it is almost impossible to get permission to stay for god. So I will need to go 
Us 6 month/Canada 6 month!
That means a lot of miles and therefore a need of a good motor :)

I would suggest you consider what it will cost to live a year. A years worth of food, gas, insurance, repairs, etc. God forbid you should get sick or have a accident.

I just checked with Southwest Airlines, and their least expensive flight from Phoenix to Dallas is 96 dollars one way. That would save you a lot of driving. Go to their website and check the fares, some are 300 plus but their faresaver is much less.

Gunny said:

This depends on the state. I'm not sure about Arizona but in Nevada if you buy from a private party there is no sales tax. period. If you buy from a sales lot then you pay sales tax. Of course you need to be a resident of Nevada.

VegasVanGuy said:
This depends on the state. I'm not sure about Arizona but in Nevada if you buy from a private party there is no sales tax. period. If you buy from a sales lot then you pay sales tax. Of course you need to be a resident of Nevada.

Which Maxine, being a Danish national on a tourist visa, can't claim.  Maxine, you need to allow for paying sales tax in your calculations.

if you were to buy it in Oregon you wouldn't pay a sales tax because they don't have one. highdesertranger

I would avoid anything with a slide-out. The more parts there are the more trouble you can have.
I saw a guy work most of the day trying to get his slide-out to slide back in. Had a broken spring or something in the mechanism and couldn't get the thing back in.
Consequently, he couldn't leave until he got everything fixed.
Just something to consider.
cheers,
alex

highdesertranger said:
if you were to buy it in Oregon you wouldn't pay a sales tax because they don't have one.  highdesertranger

If you buy it and register it in Oregon then yes you won't pay sales tax. If you buy it in Oregon then take it to California to register you will pay California taxes.

i would either find someone here you trust and title in their name or not worry about it,make sure it has tags for a year and,a bill of sale and put insurance on it

no sales tax in oregon and i don't have to pump gas so blhaaa :p

Hi all :)
This is where I am at now:
1.  I do not want a Class A. It has to little ground clearance to go out where I want to.

2.  I phoned the DMW office in Nevada and they told me:
#  You don't need to be a "Resident" of the state to Register an RV. Only if you want an Drivers License you will need to live a  minimum of 30 days at an address to become a "Resident" and then apply for a Drivers License!
 # To register an RV you need to have a "Real" address, not only an mail address for 24 hours!
I do have a place in Nevada where I can have both!!

3.  I do not want an Class B. IT is to small to my stiff body.

4.  I do Want an Class C 22 - 24 ft.

Hug and smile to you all
MaxiDane on Wheels

If you want to see more about where I travel, please "like" my Facebook page: MaxiDane on Wheels