Help needed & Stuck on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeganMoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well I bought a conversion Van on the East coast and immediately had some engine trouble so I replaced the fuel pump, filter and still had issues when I figured out the mechanic put a spark plugs wire in the wrong place and now she runs smooth, this took more money than I had and now I'm out of gas stuck in Nashville and trying to get back home to New Mexico as I need to get this Van titled and registered in New Mexico. I do live in the Van with my two cats Larry & Shemp. I have tried churches, Catholic charities, St Vincent de Paul's, Salvation Army and that 211 number plus missionaries and no one can help me. When I say I'm broke I really am. I don't get my Social Security until March 2nd. Are there any Van dwellers or RVers that can help us out. Thank You! Btw- I'm embarrassed to ask for help but I have to. ?

Same thing happened to me when I was in Clarksville, Tenesse on my way to the Great Smokeys. I grabed my phone and looked up the nearest food bank in my zip code. They were so helpful, and set me up with one month supply of food, even special army food that lasts for months. I told them I was camping, and I had no refrigerator. I limited my amount of driving until I got my check.  Churches have also been a source of help when I needed in the past.  

Rollingom

Have you got a bank account we could send money to online? PayPal cash card?

Here is a method I recommend for preventing this sort of thing from happening
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?pid=353330#pid353330

Obviously not possible for someone in your current situation, but something to aim for in the future, and perhaps helpful for others observing this as an object lesson.

No idea how pervasive it is; ... but when I was a convenience store district manager many of the local cities' police departments had a fund/arrangement where they would provide a small amount of fuel (+/- $20) from a local convenience store along with "resource info" to stranded motorists so they could get to the next larger city closer to their target destination. It was a few years ago (and the police departments probably did it so the motorists were no longer their problem); but might be worth checking into "semi-anonymously" (so you don't cause more problems for yourself)

Every time I help someone, it always comes back to me, usually by extra work to do, or an unexpected refund, etc..

Welcome to the forum and have a nice day.

RED CROSS
Nashville Area
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] 615-250-4300[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] 2201 Charlotte Ave.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Nashville, TN 37203[/font]

John61CT said:
Have you got a bank account we could send money to online? PayPal cash card?

Here is a method I recommend for preventing this sort of thing from happening
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?pid=353330#pid353330

Obviously not possible for someone in your current situation, but something to aim for in the future, and perhaps helpful for others observing this as an object lesson.

I have a PayPal but I just found out from a customer service that they are changing the cards as of March 1st so it was deactivated. The only thing I can think of is someone sending a MoneyGram to a Walmart for me. I guess in a private message for my name etc. Thanks, I just wanna get going. I will of course pay back. Thanks

I cannot currently offer help but I certainly hope that you do well. I fear that I might into the same trap. I will build up a bank account but I am starting on a shoestring. BEST WISHES and best of luck.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

We do, at least I do, wish you well, and hope you get safely home. But you just pop up here and the first thing you do is ask for money. That doen't go over with me.

It is impossible to separate a scam from a real need in these circumstances. The truth will be obvious if the poster also reports updates to his circumstances. Having problems is not an indicator of selfishness or even bad planning, shirt happens. I hope that we receive updates!

Weight said:
We do, at least I do, wish you well, and hope you get safely home. But you just pop up here and the first thing you do is ask for money. That doen't go over with me.

It seems like many agree with you. 

Isn't it so nice to be helpful?  Now let's go find someone else to kick when they are down.

Sometimes I think using a PM can be more apprpriate than a public response.

TJB

Txjaybird said:
It seems like many agree with you. 

Isn't it so nice to be helpful?  Now let's go find someone else to kick when they are down.

Sometimes I think using a PM can be more apprpriate than a public response.

TJB

Right on txjaybird

Status
Not open for further replies.