Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBa

Reaction score
I name is Jennifer and my feet itch...

First of all I wanted to say thank you to bob wells just wanted to tell you how helpful I am finding your videos. 

I have gone through quite a bit of life changing issues in the last few years from surgery, getting diagnosed with stage four cancer, being told I only have two months to live if I don’t do treatment, bankruptcy, my house being taken away, my children growing up and moving out and now I’m living in a 28 foot golf stream RV. And I am finding it is too much space...

Eventually I would like to buy a van and convert it into a living space for me. For now my camper sits on my mother’s property in rural Indiana. My husband and I, God rest his soul, lived out of our vehicle around 25 years ago. A lot has changed but a lot has stayed the same as far as the aspects of living out of the vehicle. 

Last week I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time in my life and I was in awe. It made my feet itch something fierce. My plan is for the moment because I cannot afford a new to me van is to spruce up my 2003 Jeep Laredo and try my hand at solo traveling while keeping my home base at my mothers due to frequent treatments.

I would like to find community in my travels and adventures. I seem to be doing OK but the truth is I really don’t know how much time I have. So with what little  money and possibly time I do have now I want to see my country. I want to find community friendship and a sense of loving family. This is scary to me doing this alone. I hope to find community and strong friendship so while I am traveling I don’t feel alone and perhaps someone like me won’t feel alone either. In a sense I am looking for a tribe to belong too.
4F6C1202-9A79-490C-A305-4BF36021DEA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F6C1202-9A79-490C-A305-4BF36021DEA5.jpeg
    4F6C1202-9A79-490C-A305-4BF36021DEA5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Jennifer, I'm in awe of you. I look forward to seeing you live your dream. It's not the destination, but the journey. I'm glad you're here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[emoji4]thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Jennifer to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hello back at'cha Jennifer!

You have a lot on your plate, and I hope you can make the very best of your travels.

I am in awe of your can-do spirit.....and....

We are honored to have you here.

Thank you for your kind words. And welcoming me into your group. I know I am a stranger and even a bit strange ? but I hope that is something you will like about me. [emoji6]

Welcome, Jennifer! I can't wait to see the Grand Canyon. Haven't made it back down that way yet. But soon!

Just bought my van last week. I am in awe at your story. I hope to find a tribe or two in time myself. I won't be going out yet though still have a job. I would think many are up North around Utah were there are mini Grand Canyons...one right after another....around Moab then into Colorado. Nevada and Arizona are so hot at this time. Praying for many blessings and friends to squelch those fears of the unknown.

Thank you first being so welcoming. Feels good to know that I have new friends out there I may run into one day.

So today I hit Walmart and got another foam pad for my bed I got three set of drawers batteries new battery charger for my phone and I hit the Goodwill and found some cute baskets I’m doing this yes I’m really doing I’m going to run away from home and go on spectacular adventures!!!