Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambchopxoxo

Reaction score
I am also lambchopxoxo on You Tube :) ... trying to get away from social media a little more and get more involved in more in-depth discussions and maybe some Q & A on vandwelling. Of course I will still be watching Enigmatic Nomadics and my other favorite, Rolling Earth-Ship YT videos

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey that I am preparing mechanically. No build out plans other than to remove the two center captain chairs. I'm *possibly* considering adding a custom bench and removing the back bench seat. I do like the bench seat as it simply folds flat into a compartment in the back, which is really cool.

I have most of what I need now if I decided that I could go full-time tomorrow (unfortunately that wont be happening.. I do project that it will happen within the next 3-5 years though, and I plan to just jump right in!!)

There isnt any interest in traveling for me.. I am going to stay local here in the west, likely within CA, AZ and NV. All three states are absolutely stunning and I'm certain I will not get bored!

My past passion was international travel. I kinda got the nomad thing out of my system that way. My first time to the UK I spent a month there. Ive been back 6 more times and nearly every time I have backpacked. I purchased a Britrail pass for a couple of weeks and just hopped on the next train to wherever. I wound up sleeping in train stations and walking in the rain at midnight sometimes, but it sure is a lot of fun! Ive also been to Germany 3 times and Rio. I dont have any particular desire to see the world, which is why I think I chose the UK so many times. Its relatively inexpensive (as long as you avoid hotels) and it got me off of American soil. I made all of these trips except for two of them as a solo (female) traveler.

There isnt any particular reason that I stopped doing this other than the TSA (traveling pre-9/11 was so much easier as probably most of you already know) and I'm just done with it, I think. I prefer to spend my $$ (as few as there are) here in the US. I am almost 55 but that really had almost no bearing on my decision. I'm certain I could easily continue to travel in this fashion, its just that my backpack would be a heck of a lot lighter! If I gleaned anything from my travel experiences, it would be travel light, wear super comfy shoes and carry extra cash!

Vandwelling seems like the most natural thing for someone like me. I'm not derailed by detours of any kind, so if things dont work out like I had originally planned theres always my plan B or a backup plan. When I listen to Bob speak about vandwelling many of the things he expresses are so familiar to me. I believe that many of most of us feel the same way, and thats why we're here. ::)

Anyway, I hope to get to know all of you better and am looking forward to interesting and lively dialogue!

Welcome to the CRVL forums lambchopxoxo! Vandwelling sounds like a great fit for you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome in Lambchop !

Ask any questions you have doing that build .

Welcome, LambChop hugs and kisses. LOL

With your backpacking experience, you're right -- vandwelling was made for you (or vice versa). Bet you have some funny campfire stories to tell, too.

The states you mentioned could take a life-time of traveling I think just to explore them thoroughly should you want to do that.

Glad you joined the forum!