Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynncat

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while. And for a while the whole living in my vehicle idea was a dream. Then this past few months my long time partner have just not been working out. It's like everything wrong that has ever happened has reared it's head, and just wow. I feel like he is pushing me out, and personally, the call of the road is strong.

My situation:
The vehicle I'm (as of the first) living In is a touring addition pt cruiser.

It's will be me, and my service pup in training. He is about 30 lbs. But tall and skinny. I'm thankfully short, and bit fluffy.

My plan is to take out everything from the front seat back. Get a 4" memory foam full matress, and cut it to fit. Maybe cut it in half and double it.
Then get a small ice chest, and some bins on the other side for food, and to hold my tiny idea for a kitchen.

I'm not sure how I'm going to work it, but I want to be able to cook a small meal in there. I don't eat alot, due to health issue, but it is nice to have a warm meal once in a while.

My clothes will go in the front passenger seat. And I will probably store my pups noms up there too.

income is not an issue, though it is limited. As for heating while sleeping. I have a hand warmer that runs for 12 hours off lighter fluid. And I plan on getting the ever loved gym membership.

Sorry for rambling, just nervous. This will be the first time I will be with out another human in 13yrs.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with the new direction your life is taking. :) Jan

Welcome Cynncat ! There is so much good advice to be found here. Hope you have found the blog posts under HEAT and COLD. What part of the country are you in?

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Cynncat! No worries about rambling. It's allowed here.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Lj Unlimited said:
Welcome Cynncat ! There is so much good advice to be found here. Hope you have found the blog posts under HEAT and COLD. What part of the country are you in?
I'm in the mid west, planning on heading to portland come spring. Maybe sooner, depending on what happens, and how I feel.

Cynncat said:
I'm in the mid west, planning on heading to portland come spring. Maybe sooner, depending  on what happens, and how I feel.

Even a bigger welcome. Another mid westerner. I am an less than an hour away from the west coast of Michigan. Getting cold here. The first snow of the season is coming tonight says the weatherman. You posted that you were planning on using a hand warmer device to keep warm at night?

hello and welcome. there is a thread on here somewhere that discusses those hand warmers. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard Cynncat
Hope you find everything you're looking for right here on CRVL .
Oh yeah,,,,,,,,we'll be needing a pic of the pooch !

rvpopeye said:
Oh yeah,,,,,,,,we'll be needing a pic of the pooch !

As requested:

35ac57d585d213ddb19f452e945e5f4b.jpg

[emoji1]

Oh dear, I can't seem to edit on my tablet. Pls ignore the gray thing, I couldn't see it in the preview. *blush*

Welcome, we're glad you're here!

I had a friend who lived in a PT Cruiser for a year and it worked quite well for her. They are a pretty good choice and I think you make it work well!
Bob

Welcome Cynn,

Your furbaby looks like a cuddler -- very cute.

Wondering how much "cooking" power you need? Like will something that heats up a can of soup work or do you need two burners, etc.?

So where do you plan to be for winter that is pretty much here?

I use a 6" Signature Sleep foam mattress (memory foam and another layer of foam -- cuts easily with an electric knife). It's just on a plywood platform and was comfy for good sleep for over 6 months for me last year.

There are some build threads in Cars showing simply to genius ways to live in a small space.

Cynncat said:
I've been lurking for a while. And for a while the whole living in my vehicle idea was a dream. Then this past few months my long time partner have just not been working out. It's like everything wrong that has ever happened has reared it's head, and just wow. I feel like he is pushing me  out, and personally, the call of the road is strong.

My situation:
 The vehicle  I'm (as of the first) living In is a touring addition pt cruiser.

It's will be me, and my service  pup in training. He is about 30 lbs. But tall and skinny.  I'm thankfully  short, and bit fluffy.

My plan is to take  out everything  from the front seat back. Get a 4" memory  foam full matress, and cut it to fit. Maybe cut it in half and double it.
 Then get a small ice chest, and some bins on the other side for food, and to hold my tiny idea for a kitchen.

I'm not sure how I'm going to work it, but I want to be able to cook a small meal in there. I don't eat alot, due to health issue, but it is nice to have a warm meal once in a while.  

My clothes will go in the front passenger seat. And I will probably  store my pups noms up there too.

income is not an issue, though it is limited. As for heating while sleeping. I have a hand warmer that runs for 12 hours off lighter fluid. And I plan on getting the ever loved gym membership.

Sorry for rambling, just nervous. This will be the first time I will be with out another human  in 13yrs.

Cynncat, all the best to you. I am a newbie to this wonderful site as well. Your hand warmer that runs for 12 house caught me. Tell me more.

I have a gym membership as well that serves me in multiple ways. But I want to hit the road so not sure how that will work. ?