Hello! L.A.-lien dying on the vine here and in need of adventure! ;-)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
Hello! I thought I would finally come out of lurker-land and introduce myself. I chose the name “Mystic” as it was the nickname given to me when I was solo-backpacking through Alaska in the mid-90s.

I have been obsessed with watching all of the Enigmatic Nomadics videos and any other vandwelling or full-time RVing videos. I am so grateful to have found this forum!

I am not very good at communicating in forums though, so I will try to keep this Intro brief. A few fun facts about me:

·       I live in Los Angeles. It is sucking my soul dry. I can’t stand it here. But I have been here for 10 years now and that is some kind of record!
·       I’m 53 years old.
·       My work is flexible and I am not held back by a job.
·       I stay in LA because of my True Love. My soul-mate and partner lives here, loves it here, and is very attached to his job that he enjoys and pays most of our bills.
·       I am naturally nomadic and a traveler. I feel most peaceful in nature but also enjoy some doses of urban living. However, if it’s going to be urban it better be real urban….not this quasi-urban/suburbia called LA. I would rather live in NYC.
·       I am almost at the middle but lean slightly more to extrovert, according to the Meyers-Briggs scale. (ENFP in case you are wondering) I love and need people but really need a good dose of alone time too.
·       I feel starved of “community.”

So, I have realized that I have got to get some kind of adventure going before my soul is completely sucked dry! My Love understands this and is supportive of this need. He even agreed to a camping trip to Utah in October….and this guy does not like camping! I am also planning a very short dispersed camping trip with my niece to Sedona this weekend/next week. Any tips regarding these trips will be greatly appreciated. :)

Anyway, this was way longer than I expected so I will stop here. I will save the rest for future posts.

Here is some info I have gathered:

Camping Cottonwood & Sedona Area

Off 89A road to Sedona take 89B off to right (across road from FR 525) is good area. 

FR525 – Off 89A road to Sedona – April 2016 is VERY washboard and goes back in for 6 miles.  Pink Jeep tours come by and very busy with traffic at times

There is "Montazeuma's Well" Free and Montazeuma's Castle (Fee) and other really areas close to Camp Verde and Sedona.  You won't have enough time, but enjoy all you can.

Welcome, too
Glenda "From Oz"

Welcome Mystic to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

wow, backpacking around Alaska that would have been great. any questions ask away there always great people here giving advice. highdesertranger

Welcome! :)

It's great that your Love is supportive of your need. I love the Sedona area but I don't have any tips as it's been a while since I've been there.

Enjoy! :)

HDR really want's to know if you did any hunting for gold in AK .
So I'll ask for him......

Welcome aboard Mystic , sounds like a nice trip comin' up !

No hunting for gold...wish I had. But I did fish for the first time in my life. And, not on the first time but probably the third time out fishing, I caught a 40 lb King Salmon! And it was at the fishing hole on the Homer Spit....kinda like combat fishing, so I was pretty lucky. It sure was tasty! :-D

I loved Alaska. I thought I would end up moving there, but for some reason I moved to the Eastern Sierras instead.

If you ever come east we have these things called Bluefish.
Look like giant Mackrel /10-25# but are more like small pissed off Sharks !
Steel leaders and a bat or axe handle are must haves !!

Welcome to the CRVL Forum :) 

ESTJ here, and feel for your situation as I was once stuck in "Corporate" land and realizing being a Designer in that realm wasn't going to be so stimulating.    So I've pursued the self employed life and have been learning
ways to take it on the road with my research here.  I've only met one other member here who is actively been pursuing the same concept here.   So we stay in touch to see how it's going with the mobile enterprise. 

My sites below may offer you some ideas and you are welcome to whatever may be of help to you.

highdesertranger
(Super Moderator) Just noticed? get your cape on LOL Hello Mystic reminds me of my favorite Jimmy Cliff song "Mystic Man" Welcome to the crew.

Latest posts