Hello, I'm new here. How are you folks?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixedweasel

Reaction score
Hello, how are you folks? My name is fixedweasel and I am just about finishing up a Honda Odyssey minivan conversion. Love Bob's videos and have gained much inspiration from them. My wife and I will be 56 years young this year and we want to travel inexpensively across the country to see the National Parks and such. We just wanted to introduce ourselves and say "hi". I hope you guys are well and safe.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

And everyone check in the Conversions and Modification section, was he's promised to (eventually) post dozens of pictures of his build, lol.

Ha! You know how hard it is to fit a whole house inside a Honda Odyssey? I've only got about a 4x8* sized space! I did manage to fit a sink, countertop, stove, oven, shower, sofa/chaise/bed, fridge, custom storage shelves, and emergency toilet! Holy smokes! How am I gonna fit Mrs. Weasel in there?!?!**

*sheet of plywood
**might hafta get myself a shoehorn or somethin'

Cool, now I want to see see those pictures more than ever, :). You may have a "classic" build.

Hi, sounds like you have invested some time in your rig. Looking forward to seeing pics of it. Honda Odesseys are notorious for automatic transmission fails, if you have not done so yet you should have the trans fluid flushed and have a large transmission cooler installed,especially with the added weight. What is the meaning of your user
name?

Itripper, thanks. Yes, for sure, Odysseys have issues with their CVT's albeit I work on our cars some and try to keep a close eye. Our van is a 2016 with 25k on it, so we don't drive it much. We are also old codgers, so drive a bit tame. No worries about the weight for now. The back two rows of seats were heavy enough, so once removed, I was working at a loss. Pretty basic build as far as materials. Just 2x's, plywood and such. Some weight comes with the water. We have 8.5 gallons of fresh with an added 2-3 gallons of separate drinking water. That's around 90-100 pounds right there. We have a 4" PVC shower up top that holds about 4 gallons but we usually will fill that once we get to our destination. My user name comes from a previous Forum (The Fixed Gear Gallery Forum) I was on, back in the early 2000's. I ride bicycles quite a bit and raced on the track/velodrome for about 11 years or so. Track bikes are "fixed" gear and I am somewhat of a mischievous stoat, so "weasel" seemed appropriate. Hence the name "fixedweasel". It stuck, and now I use on any Forum I go onto. Habit. Nice to meet you.

" How am I gonna fit Mrs. Weasel in there?"

Try a crowbar, LOL. I'll probably have to invest in a swing-away hitch carrier when I retire and go on the road fulltime. I'd prefer that to a roof-top bin.

Ha! Too funny! Not sure Mrs. Weasel will appreciate the crowbar though.*

*a bit of bacon grease perhaps?

"Ha! Too funny! Not sure Mrs. Weasel will appreciate the crowbar though.*

*a bit of bacon grease perhaps?"

That should draw a lot of the bear population....she'll be too crammed in for them to get her back out, though...they'll have to be satisfied with licking the bottom of her feet...tee hee hee.